cat not eating after urinary blockage

scoutthecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello guys I know this is super soon to become nervous but my cat came home today and hasnt eaten much. I wonder if he is stressed or simply not hungry. I rushed him to the ER vet on friday where i was told he was very cold and his heart rate was very low. he made a come back and was eating by himself at the vet and had water. am i over reacting from him not eating when he was brought home? please let me know i am very worried.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scoutthecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello today we awoke to see scout sleeping in his litter box. He has eaten fairly little and seems to be resting in his litterbox. He did just come back from the vet for a urinary blockage that was resolved. Should I be worried about this?

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. How is your cat doing now? Since he was eating at the vet's, you might just want to call them and let them know that his appetite has decreased since being home. They may have an explanation for it - perhaps he was given some pain meds right before coming home that were impacting his appetite.

It is worth it just to let them know, especially if his eating hasn't picked back up yet. Hopefully, it has!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scoutthecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi. How is your cat doing now? Since he was eating at the vet's, you might just want to call them and let them know that his appetite has decreased since being home. They may have an explanation for it - perhaps he was given some pain meds right before coming home that were impacting his appetite.

It is worth it just to let them know, especially if his eating hasn't picked back up yet. Hopefully, it has!
He ate a bit through the night and is sleeping now from his medicine. He is sleeping in his litter box now for some reason but we think it's cuz of pain and the fact he has been peeing in his sleep.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor kitty....does your vet know about herbs such as marshmallow root and slippery elm? Those herbs are very soothing to the urinary and respiratory tract and may provide him relief. I use them for my cats with the enthusiastic approval by my vet. The caveat with slippery elm (as well as with probiotics) is to separate them from conventional medications by 2-4 hours. Please keep us posted!