Cat not drinking and soft stool

scoutthecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So today I started noticing something that caught my attention when checking on scout. I had to lock him in our room because of the dogs trying to get at him. We don't have an AC on there and it is getting pretty hot even with the fan on. So could be a cause idk.

I began noticing scout wasn't drinking a lot. I kinda brushed it off as him not being thirsty but noticed he isn't peeing a lot. Then he is also having diarrhea. He is eating normally so I'm not too alarmed about that. His ears are a bit warm to the touch as well along with him wanting to just lay. I just wanted to know if I should worry or find him somewhere cooler to stay. I'm an nervous owner as well since this kit has given me a ton of big scares and he is 3 almost 4 years old now.

Also doesn't help with his fur color

Attachments

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I am worried about your cat scout. He has had a previous episode of being blocked and stress plays an important role in that. It sounds like Scout is under allot of stress right now. He is being kept in a room and has dogs and other cats to deal with.

I think you need to get Scout an exam sooner than later to make sure he isn’t starting to reblock again due to the stress.

is he on a veterinary prescription urinary diet? Does he eat dry or canned?
Definitely keep him away from the dogs and probably the cats as well if he is hissing around them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

scoutthecat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Scout eats canned and dry food. He eats a 9 lives urinary plus diet mostly while I give him canned food every other day. So far he interacts only with my pup who is chill and another cat. He plays with the other cat. I am super worried about his stress and so far he seems okay except for being warm, not drinking much, and the soft stool.

He did change in the last 8 hours since I had cooled down it seems he is more active again. So some improvement. I'm gonna get him to see the vet ASAP though because I am worried he is stressed.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. If you can get him eating a canned urinary prescription diet, that would be best.