Cat not a collar cat?

angiec72

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi my cat is a 4 year old male and he's always hated collars. He would always take them off and leave it somewhere. I left him collar less for a little bit, like a year because hes indoor. The I had a velco one and he was sort of okay with it then all of a sudden wasn't and would always scratch at it. I thought it was maybe itchy, so I got him a nylon one, then he didn't like that one either and I got him a hypoallergenic light silicone one. And he still scratches at it and sometimes shakes his head. The itching and shaking head every now and then was a bit concerning and I took him to the vet. They said he was fine so I have no clue why he does it. Anyone have a cat that just hates every collar that comes its way? There's no bell on it either so it can't bug his ears.

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Most cats I know hate collars. When they start to wear one since kitten age they seem to get use to it. But I adopted my cat when she was already an adult for example and she panics like a tiger caught her when I try to put collar on her even when it's super loose.

Neko-chan's mama

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Neko-chan won't wear a collar. I tried, she would go crazy even when she was a 12 week old kitten. I did everything, tried treats, playing with her after putting it on, trying it when she was sleepy. She just wouldn't wear it. She wouldn't even wear the cone of shame or blow up donut after her spay. I just have up. She's an indoor cat and microchipped.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angiec72

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Neko-chan won't wear a collar. I tried, she would go crazy even when she was a 12 week old kitten. I did everything, tried treats, playing with her after putting it on, trying it when she was sleepy. She just wouldn't wear it. She wouldn't even wear the cone of shame or blow up donut after her spay. I just have up. She's an indoor cat and microchipped.
My cat wore one until he was like 2 because he kept popping off his collars. Then he lost it, and we couldn't find it for like a year, then we FINALLY found it an put it on. And he just constantly scratches it and spins it around his neck. I don't think he'll ever like it lol