Cat Neutered Bled 3 Days After The Castration

bhearnacles

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello cat parents,
Last night my cat bled, like there was lots of blood on our floor. We did not know what happened and why he bled. He was okay before it happened. We rushed him to the vet and he was advised to spend the night. We're trying to contact the vet now but still no response. Do you think he'll be just fine?

I read threads about bleeding after the operation and it seemed normal. However, in his case, he bled 3 days after the operation.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am SO sorry that I am just finding this! Have you heard anything at all yet? I know you are frantic! Three days seems a bit long to me, but...not always. PLEASE let me know how your cat is doing!

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He could have knocked the operation site and that might have caused the bleeding. If he is with the vet, he is in the best place. Please keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bhearnacles

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
They finally answered my call. Bleeding has stopped but he's still under observation. She told me they never did anything. I asked them why it bled, she said maybe my cat accidentally bumped onto something or he probably licked it. I told her that it could be his cone because it seems so short for him. I asked the vet if I could pick him up but she said they'll inform me until tonight.

Thank you cat parents. I've been reading forums in this site and this is really a big help :)

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If you could borrow a large dog cage to keep him in for a few days that might stop him being too active and give the wound time to heal.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You are so very welcome! That's what we are here for. Keep on giving us updates, we'll fret until we know he is back at home and doing well!

Oh...when you get a moment, click on this link New Cats on the Block and introduce yourself and your boy (what is his name?) to the community! Pictures are more than welcome...in fact, we will badger you half to death for them!