Cat Nerve and Ear issue help!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Manya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes my boy bandit was diagnosed with vestibular disease due to a middle ear infection. He could not stand when it first hit him and we rushed to the emergency vet thinking we would lose him. Good news is his balance came back gradually over the next few weeks. He was on antibiotics for about 7 weeks in total but has made a full recovery except a very slight head tilt, you can't notice now unless you know. I hope your boy is feeling better soon and back to being cat before you know.
Thank you for this message made me feel better. Hope your boy is doing well and living a healthy happy life. Did Bandit lose balance in all four paws? We’re waiting for Milo’s tests to come and then he’ll be treated with more medicines. Right now he’s on Loxicam and Canaural eardrops. We’re doing everything we can to help him out.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for this message made me feel better. Hope your boy is doing well and living a healthy happy life. Did Bandit lose balance in all four paws? We’re waiting for Milo’s tests to come and then he’ll be treated with more medicines. Right now he’s on Loxicam and Canaural eardrops. We’re doing everything we can to help him out.
Yes Bandit lost his balance in all his paws he couldn't stand when it first hit him. And his head was so tilted that his ear was pointing to the floor. He only had infection in one ear that's why his head tilt was so bad. He was on oral antibiotics and antimflamatry for 3 weeks then just antibiotics for another 4 weeks after that. But he's doing fantastic now and living his best cat life. I've put some pics of my boy the first picture he still has the head tilt but was on the road to recovery. Then the next two are just to show you there's light at the end of the tunnel.
IMG_20201021_100801.jpg
IMG_20210406_120627.jpg
IMG_20210521_131751.jpg

Manya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes Bandit lost his balance in all his paws he couldn't stand when it first hit him. And his head was so tilted that his ear was pointing to the floor. He only had infection in one ear that's why his head tilt was so bad. He was on oral antibiotics and antimflamatry for 3 weeks then just antibiotics for another 4 weeks after that. But he's doing fantastic now and living his best cat life. I've put some pics of my boy the first picture he still has the head tilt but was on the road to recovery. Then the next two are just to show you there's light at the end of the tunnel. View attachment 383628View attachment 383629View attachment 383630
Lovely Boy! Thank you so much for sharing ❤ After seeing Bandit’s recovery it really gives me hope. Milo has it in both ears. We’re still waiting for his test results. He moves all his limbs but there’s isn’t much coordination as he falls on his sides. I am hoping after his treatment he’ll be fine. Tc.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lovely Boy! Thank you so much for sharing ❤ After seeing Bandit’s recovery it really gives me hope. Milo has it in both ears. We’re still waiting for his test results. He moves all his limbs but there’s isn’t much coordination as he falls on his sides. I am hoping after his treatment he’ll be fine. Tc.
Has your vet given you a all round antibiotic while you are waiting for the results. If he hasn't you might want to ask to get them into him ASAP. I know you said he's on antimflamatrys. The loxicom. It was not a easy journey but worth it with Bandit. I was even told by some of my family that I should give up on him but he was fighting and that meant I had to fight with him. Im hoping along with you that he recovers fully like my boy there's a couple of people on here that told me they had good outcomes with their cat's and gave me hope. My vet said it looks worse than it is vestibular. Please keep us updated and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Manya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Has your vet given you a all round antibiotic while you are waiting for the results. If he hasn't you might want to ask to get them into him ASAP. I know you said he's on antimflamatrys. The loxicom. It was not a easy journey but worth it with Bandit. I was even told by some of my family that I should give up on him but he was fighting and that meant I had to fight with him. Im hoping along with you that he recovers fully like my boy there's a couple of people on here that told me they had good outcomes with their cat's and gave me hope. My vet said it looks worse than it is vestibular. Please keep us updated and I'll keep you in my prayers.
He hasn’t given one yet which is irking me as the results still haven’t come yet. He said based on the type of bacteria, they will give him the antibiotic. Now we’re massaging Milo and doing everything from our side but you’re right. I will call the vet tomorrow to ask if I can give Milo some antibiotic in the meantime. I am not giving up on Milo too. It’s a horrible time for us. Your pet’s pain is your pain. I’ll call the vet tomorrow and ask him what we can do right now. I am so shocked as how none of his previous vets warned us what could happen and they didn’t prevent it. There’s no point in getting angry. We’ll focus on what we can do now. I will keep you updated for sure and thank you for your helpful replies. Tc ❤

Manya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wanted to update you all. The bets are absolutely baffled. They do not know what’s wrong with Milo. His ear culture results came out and there’s no pathogen. They say it’s God forbid it’s either toxoplasmosis or myasthenia Now they’re giving him antibiotics and steroids. Please pray he comes out of this. The vets say his immobility is also psychological as he might be scared to walk as he has the fear he’ll fall. We are doing everything we can to make Milo feel happy and anxiety-free. If you’ve heard or dealt with this issue before, do let me know.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update I was wondering how he was getting on. Of course you and Milo will be in my prayers. I haven't dealt with the thing's you mentioned but hopefully someone will be able to help. It might be worth starting a new thread about toxoplasmosis and myasthenia diagnosis with everything that's happened to Milo. Poor little guy, please keep us updated and I hope the steroids and antibiotics work. Milo is lucky to have such a amazing owner to look out for him.

Manya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update I was wondering how he was getting on. Of course you and Milo will be in my prayers. I haven't dealt with the thing's you mentioned but hopefully someone will be able to help. It might be worth starting a new thread about toxoplasmosis and myasthenia diagnosis with everything that's happened to Milo. Poor little guy,
please keep us updated and I hope the steroids and antibiotics work. Milo is lucky to have such a amazing owner to look out for him.
Thank you so much ❤ Yes, that’s a good idea. We’re doing his physiotherapy too and helping him move his legs. The vets say it’s neuro and muscular junction. They still aren’t sure but prescribed an antibiotic Zodon and steroid. Tc.

Manya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the update I was wondering how he was getting on. Of course you and Milo will be in my prayers. I haven't dealt with the thing's you mentioned but hopefully someone will be able to help. It might be worth starting a new thread about toxoplasmosis and myasthenia diagnosis with everything that's happened to Milo. Poor little guy, please keep us updated and I hope the steroids and antibiotics work. Milo is lucky to have such a amazing owner to look out for him.
Hi, just wanted to update after 8 months of hardships, my beautiful cat Milo has recovered! He is waking again!

Manya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, just wanted to update after 8 months of hardships, my beautiful cat Milo has recovered! He is waking again!
Walking*

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's excellent news. :woohoo: I'm so pleased for you and your boy. You've had a hard long journey to get him there but you did it, :rock:Thank you for the update.

Manya

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's excellent news. :woohoo: I'm so pleased for you and your boy. You've had a hard long journey to get him there but you did it, :rock:Thank you for the update.
Thank you! The oil’s name is ‘Murivenna’ if anyone’s cats have some leg weakness or pain or paralysis, massage the cats’ legs with this Ayuervedic oil and it works wonders!