Cat Mouth/gum Color

carlieebug

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
im probably being a complete spaz since I always am when it comes to my baby boy but I noticed that inside his lip (like the gum part) has some orange yellowish spots. He is a ginger cat so I’m thinking maybe it’s just his coloring? He is fine otherwise. I know my dog has all sorts of colors all in his mouth.

So I’m guessing it’s normal but I just need to know lol

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Orange tabbies get little pigmented areas. You can't tell because of the tiny picture but Emerson (my avatar) has some patches on his lip and on the skin of his orbital sockets. It sounds very normal to me but if you notice them changing/getting bigger bring it up to your vet. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carlieebug

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’ve heard of the black spots for orange kitties but not like brownish orange or anything

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My orange boy has those orange spots on his nose. They're perfectly normal. Just watch for changing shapes and sizes or anything that seems abnormal!

carlieebug

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Now I’ve noticed tiny little pinhole holes in the tops of his gums. He’s eating and acting perfectly fine. Breath is bad but always has been lol. It’s horn knock your socks off bad. I attached a photo. They are pretty hard to see. Any thoughts?

Attachments

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Goodness, that looks a bit odd.
Do you have a vet you could send that photo in to ?

Have you tried a food change, just in case that helps the bad breath? Is he eating canned/pouch food?

carlieebug

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!
Goodness, that looks a bit odd.
Do you have a vet you could send that photo in to ?

Have you tried a food change, just in case that helps the bad breath? Is he eating canned/pouch food?
He eats Purina One Indoor Advantage Dry food. I sent it to my vet. No response yet.

carlieebug

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
but now I’ve noticed tiny little pinhole holes in the tops of his gums. He’s eating and acting perfectly fine. Breath is bad but always has been lol. It’s horn knock your socks off bad. I attached a photo. They are pretty hard to see. Any thoughts?
It’s NOT knock your socks off bad***** don’t know how to edit it

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
You should be able to edit after five days as a member, and I think it's 20 posts.

Try some canned fancy feast, chewy . com's tiny tiger, tractor supply's 4Health or Paws and Claws. The wet food may make a surprising difference :) (I think tiny tiger is still on sale)

carlieebug

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my vet said it’s just where the root of the canine is I’m so crazy