CAT MISSING WE ARE SO SO SO WORREID HELP!!!!

Rebecca666

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi... Our cat Elizabeth has been missing for the last 4 days. She fell off the second floor 5 in the morning, we heard a scream and she disappeared when we came to check. We walked around our street and called her name while shaking her treats... Posters everywhere... Put around her cat litter and food in our yard, opened a little crack of the door at night and nothing happened. We also called animal control, animal hospitals, and shelters near us(barely any of them responded including the animal control... We left a voice mail and they never called back even though we call them every single day).

We are planning to check out neighbor's yard tomorrow and put a feline trap outside...

I really want to know if she will be okay and more things we can do about this... She is very weak and fragile so we are really scared she is going to get hurt with her perhaps injured body...

Thank you!

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rebecca666

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I know when cats are wounded or feel scared they go to ground, hide out sometimes in a dark, often tiny nook. Is there space under your house?
Yes there is a space under the garage... We checked it with flashlight... We didn't see her, but there are a bunch of random stuff in there and I know sometimes my cats go there... But we are afraid to go it because it is very dusty

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
I mean, I’d go in there, maybe with some kinda protective outer gear, but I don’t know the situation. Is there enough space to get in? You worried bout spiders? Cats can hide in very teeny places. On top of air ducts, etc. A feline trap might help, but she might also meow ever so slightly to your persistent, gentle calling.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rebecca666

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I mean, I’d go in there, maybe with some kinda protective outer gear, but I don’t know the situation. Is there enough space to get in? You worried bout spiders? Cats can hide in very teeny places. On top of air ducts, etc. A feline trap might help, but she might also meow ever so slightly to your persistent, gentle calling.
Okay.. Thanks! For the dusty place we will try that in the morning when we can see better but I will call her name again...

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. It sounds like you have already done a lot of things that we would normally recommend, but just on the 'off chance' there is something else in this TCS article about 'lost' cats that you haven't considered, I've included the link to it below. The first half discusses cats that might be lost inside the home, so you can skip over that part to the latter half.
Help! My Cat Is Lost! – TheCatSite Articles

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Best times to search are dawn and dusk. Cats are most active then. Take a flashlight. Eye shine has given away more than a few cats in hiding. Search small, enclosed areas, including under dense shrubs and bushes, and don't forget to look up, rooflines and trees. WHEN you spot her, sit down and talk to her calmly. She will be on high alert, and may run from you. And don't give up. We've had cats turn up weeks and months after the fact, sometimes surviving extreme weather.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don’t give up and don’t stop looking under any circumstances. Cats are amazing survivors, masters at hiding when scared and they always want to return. I had one missing for three months with an injury but did find her and she is now fine. I walked through swamp, woods, looked in buildings, under buildings, on roof tops and finally found her in a space so small I didn’t think she could have fit in there. She is loved and she knows that. They are usually staying close and are just scared to be seen because they are in unfamiliar territory. It’s hard to imagine that they can be almost right under our nose and we don’t see them but cats have great survival instincts and it is their instincts that keep them hidden until they feel safe enough to show themselves. Just don’t give up. :alright: ❤

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Put her litter outside so she can smell it. By the door put a covered bed (you can make one with a bin). Often they are close to home and come back to see. If you aren't able to immediately answer they return to where they are hiding. This gives them a place to hide nearby.

You can try putting a baby monitor at your door as well.

Nebaug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Clinking with their food dishes may do the trick. You know, as soon you pick up their dishes to prepare food they are immediately und your foot? Come out in the evening when is quiet and start calling and clinking … hopefully works for you. Sorry that happened:(