Cat meowing

MayaMoon345

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My little 7 month kitten meows at night without stopping, I play with him all day to make sure he is not bored. I need some advice

Pearce

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He probably wants outside. One of my cats gets leash time so she doesn't try to go outside all of the time. Might try it out! :)

Azazel

Time spent with cats is never wasted.
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you give some more info? Do you play with him right before bed? How long? Do you keep him outside of your bedroom with the door closed? Does he eat before bed or does he have access to food at night?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Here's a TCS article with tips: How To Stop My Cat From Waking Me Up At Night (step-by-step Plan) – TheCatSite Articles

Can you give some more info? Do you play with him right before bed? How long? Do you keep him outside of your bedroom with the door closed? Does he eat before bed or does he have access to food at night?
:yeah: More info about the kitten and your general care would be helpful. Is your cat neutered? Taking the cat outside for walks as the other member suggested may or may not work.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a talkative cat to! You know what shuts him up? His brother! That or talking to him when he meows. It makes him stop his meow-athon he loves to do in the bathroom.

In your case everytime he wakes you up he spends the rest of the night in a spare bedroom or bathroom (with food, water, liter, few toys & a bed.) He will scream and rattle the door. Block it out with a fan. Even if he keeps you awake, ignore him until your morning alarm goes off. Most cat get this in a week or two. You need to train him to let you sleep.

I would give him a playmate if you can. It helps that his brother is calm. So if he starts to freak out, his brother looks at him like “everything is find, why are you freaking out, you weirdo?!?!?!” Ask the person raising the kittens which male kitten is the calmest, least stressed kitten for your high strung boy. Plus they love to wrestle/play fight and that helps drain their energy.

Attachments