Cat Meowing Constantly

JennKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Lately, my cat has been meowing every single day. He's been doing this for almost a month now. It's usually a high pitched meow, sometimes he sounds desperate for something.
He has food in his bowl, so he isn't hungry.
I play with him at least 10 min a day.
He has water, and a litter box.
His litter box is clean.
I don't know why he's doing this. Is he sick? Does he need help?

View media item 422797
Thank you!

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
How old is your guy and is he neutered? Also curious his backstory - how long has he lived with you and have there been any changes to your living situation?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

JennKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How old is your guy and is he neutered? Also curious his backstory - how long has he lived with you and have there been any changes to your living situation?
Mochi is almost 1 years old, (His Birthday is in a few weeks! :) ), and is neutered. He has lived with me ever since he was 1 month old. I don't think there has been any major changed in my living situation. I got a pet frog some months ago, but he didn't start meowing until 1 month ago.

JennKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He has been meowing in front of the main and garage door lately. Maybe he wants to go outside?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
He looked like he might have just finished eating in the video. Is this when he usually meows? How about where he is when he meows. In this location?

JennKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He looked like he might have just finished eating in the video. Is this when he usually meows? How about where he is when he meows. In this location?
He meows randomly, throughout the house (mainly on the 1rst floor). Most of the times, in front of the main or garage door.
Off-topic, but he seems to be eating a lot recently. Know any idea why?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
He sounded like he was talking to something. Maybe he saw a fly or spider somewhere on the ceiling and still expects to see it.

As far as the eating, he is still growing and will for another few months so likely that is driving his appetite.

JennKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He sounded like he was talking to something. Maybe he saw a fly or spider somewhere on the ceiling and still expects to see it.

As far as the eating, he is still growing and will for another few months so likely that is driving his appetite.
He's been doing it for a month now. He can't still be trying to catch a non-existent bug that he saw long ago. Are there any more reasons why he's doing this?

sunflower7

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
that's odd because he's young. My friends cat started meowing constantly when she was about 18 or 19 and did so for a year before she passed away. I'm not sure why a young cat would unless he's just very vocal?

JennKitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
that's odd because he's young. My friends cat started meowing constantly when she was about 18 or 19 and did so for a year before she passed away. I'm not sure why a young cat would unless he's just very vocal?
I know that Siamese are very vocal, but not so sure about American Shorthairs. I don't think they're very vocal? I don't really know. He's doing it less now, so that's good!