cat meowing at lizards and leaves.

EricaGriswoldAuthor

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've read stories about cats making bird sounds when they see birds. My cat meows loudly at lizards and little piles of leaves.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Feeby watches lizards, squirrels & birds from her patio perch, but the only time she makes noise is when she sees a mourning dove - no noise for cardinals, bluejays, hawks, woodpeckers, crows, etc. - or even the squirrels that come very close by - just mourning doves.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Link is absolutely fascinated by leaf piles. He loves jumping into them and doing the whole pouncing in a circle thingy. Right after a good raking is his favorite time and if there are multiple piles it is that much more fun.

Lizards and other small critters are interesting but none of mine really make sounds at them. Just try, and sometimes succeed, in catching them.

LAL

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Feeby watches lizards, squirrels & birds from her patio perch, but the only time she makes noise is when she sees a mourning dove - no noise for cardinals, bluejays, hawks, woodpeckers, crows, etc. - or even the squirrels that come very close by - just mourning doves.
I call doves 'the meaty ones'; I figure they are slow at takeoff escapes and a more likely (and filling) meal.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I call doves 'the meaty ones'; I figure they are slow at takeoff escapes and a more likely (and filling) meal.
Unfortunately, they are the ones that the hawks always get :frown:. I think Feeby squawks at them because they walk around in my yard more than they fly, unlike other birds, and she can't figure out what they are doing or if they are actually birds!!