Cat Meowing And Pacing During The Night.

Mayvilled

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has been meowing and walking in and out of rooms he keeps waking me up and I don’t know what’s wrong or what to do. We just moved him to a new house he’s been fine for the first few days but this is driving me crazy. Please help.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Can you try music - classical harp music, or MusicForcats . com for example.

Also there are calming products available at pet stores. You could try diffusers although they're expensive, but there are treats and collars as well.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. How old is your cat? And, how long ago did you move? If just recently, he is still probably feeling insecure in his new home. Is he just doing this a night? It might be because you are not up and about and that makes him feel lonelier, not knowing what to do about you not being there with him while he is contending with his new environment.

What was the nightly routine for him in your old place? Can you try to replicate it? Does he have a place set up for him with blankets/items with his scent on them from the old location? What about his toys - does he have a cat tree, and other items that he can access for familiarity?

While this article is addressing a move with a kitten to a new apartment, it might help give you some ideas of how you can make your cat more comfortable in his new home.

9 Tips That Will Help Your Kitten Adapt To A New Apartment