Cat makes huge deep meow

Status
Not open for further replies.

mum of two

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sorry for the title but I just don't know how to describe it?

he's 1 year old and he's doing it probably for 5-6 months

He runs downstairs and starts making it. (we never stay downstairs much as the living room is upstairs with the kitchen)

I never ignore him.
His food, water and milk are always present.

What is he trying to say?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mum of two

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Carolina

Is he neutered? have you taken him to the vet?
Nope.
Yes.

I have another 2 year old cat and never did it before

mum of two

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My other cat isn't neutered and he never made this strange sound!

Plus I'm against neutering cats

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mum of two

My other cat isn't neutered and he never made this strange sound!

Plus I'm against neutering cats
You are lucky you never had problems with your first cat. It is not because one didn't have a problem that all will not have it. Be ready for the spraying to start. Possible fights, aggression, darting to the door, and other problems.

Now.... May I ask you why exactly are you against neutering cats?

mum of two

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

You are lucky you never had problems with your first cat. It is not because one didn't have a problem that all will not have it. Be ready for the spraying to start. Possible fights, aggression, darting to the door, and other problems.

Now.... May I ask you why exactly are you against neutering cats?
Well I'm against it because its his right that God gave him. He should have the right to live they way God intended.

It's hard for us human to understand their needs which already makes me sad so imagine me neutering him, how will he feel. I would feel guilty for the rest of my life. And by that time regretting wouldn't help.

Originally Posted by mews2much

Many unaltered males act that way.
You are lucky he has not sprayed yet.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cat needs to be neutered. He is suffering this way. A cat is a cat. He does not know you are "depriving" him of anything.

A responsible pet owner has their animal spayed and neutered. A much happier, healthier animal is the result.

Not to mention urine marking. Any responsible vet will agree with this.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Well I'm against it because its his right that God gave him. He should have the right to live they way God intended.

It's hard for us human to understand their needs which already makes me sad so imagine me neutering him, how will he feel. I would feel guilty for the rest of my life. And by that time regretting wouldn't help.

Spend an hour in the shelter where there are so many unwanted cats/kittens in cages, or being put to sleep because people like YOU refuse to spay/neuter your pets.

farleyv

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Their needs are to be loved, fed and kept healthy and safe. He would feel nothing. He does not have the ability to reason or have regrets. Cats livein the moment. Do not put human traits onto your kitty. It is not about you. You feeling guilty is neither here nor there..... Is this more about your feelings than the well being of your animal?

mum of two

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
you all missed my question!

Sorry for the title but I just don't know how to describe it?

he's 1 year old and he's doing it probably for 5-6 months

He runs downstairs and starts making it. (we never stay downstairs much as the living room is upstairs with the kitchen)

I never ignore him.
His food, water and milk are always present.

What is he trying to say?

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Then why do you have him inside? He's making this noise (and it will get much worse) because he wants to have sex! So let him out and see how long he will survive on the streets trying to impregnate every female cat he sees!

sherry526

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
And, please know that Primula is being sarcastic - don't let your cat outside for godssake. Primula and I posted in another thread about passing along animals, and how our particular neighborhoods in Hartford CT and York PA have a bad stray cat problem.

This is why we sound frustrated at you - please educate yourself about why it is imperative you neuter your cat. Religion is one thing, but your reasons are not based in fact. Please educate yourself to the FACTS on why you need to neuter your cat.

You do him a disservice with your lack of knowledge. Beside the obvious stray problem, and him mourning for sex, you expose him to testicular cancer and other problems.

Maybe you won't change your mind, but at least be intelligent and open minded enough to look at another point of view besides your own. You may find you are well meaning but very misguided.

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

you all missed my question!
Here is what he is saying: PLEEEEAAAAAASSSEEEEE LET ME OUT OF HEEEEEERRREEEEE I NEEEEEDDDD TO GET LAAAAAAIDDDD!

There is your answer

You think your cat is happy by being locked up with all those hormones? No, he is as frustrated as he can be. He is literally suffering. That is what he is telling you.
Is it a solution letting him out to satisfy his urges? Dangerous - he will probably get beat up, and can also get exposed to diseases such as FIV (Feline AIDS), FeLV (Feline leukemia), and others.
Besides that, you'll be contributing to a HUGE overpopulation problem... And his "fix" would be only temporary.
The only solution for your problem is really fixing your cat. There is no magic to it.

sherry526

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Here is what he is saying: PLEEEEAAAAAASSSEEEEE LET ME OUT OF HEEEEEERRREEEEE I NEEEEEDDDD TO GET LAAAAAAIDDDD!

There, satisfied?
Well said!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, that is what he is saying, however I want to point out to the OP that this desire is biological in nature, NOT mental.

His body has a biological drive to procreate. It has nothing to do with "feelings", it's purely hormonal.

I feel sorry for your cats. They must really be suffering being kept in, and not able to answer the hormonal drive.

Neutering is not only the responsible thing to do, it is better for their health, both physical and mental.

We don't want you letting them out to make more unwanted kittens (and fighting and picking up who knows what kind of diseases) but it is cruel to keep them in an intact state.

It's cruel.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mum of two - if you are still here....

Please understand a couple of things:

1 - That The Cat Site is a pro spay/neuter site, unless the cat is owned by a reputable, high quality breeder and the animal is being used to improve a breed or blood line. Even then, after the "stud" services are no longer needed and the kitty is "retired", he is fixed.

2- that members here really CARE about cats. And what people are telling you is true re: health, state of "mind" etc. I have SEVEN male cats in my care. They are all pound rescues. They were all altered - shelter rules! They do not miss their boy parts. They are well adjusted, happy, healthy, funny, loving, playful, sweet, goofy boys!! And I
them.

If you don't believe us, do some independent research.

Also - OT here - please don't give your cats cows milk. Generally speaking, cats are lactose intolerant and have a very difficult time digesting milk.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He will keep howling until he's neutered or he gets out (and even then it might not stop). He's calling for females. He's very frustrated because he knows there are females outside and he ca't get to them.

I don't really care if someone wishes to live with a tomcat (though there's no way I'd put a cat through that frustration), provided they keep him indoors so he can't add to the homeless cat problem. But if you choose to do so, then you're CHOOSING to also live with his sexual behaviors. So don't complain about the howling, fighting, or spraying. That's just what tomcats do.

northernglow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I hope that was a bad joke.

As everyone else already have told, the cat is telling all the neighborhood that he wants to have sex and produce as much offspring as possible, and is luring unspayed females and other unneutered males to your property. And no, most likely he will not stop yowling even if he gets what he wants. I have unneutered males (breeding studs) and they just get worse after they have had their first female. Please get your male neutered, your god has given him to you to take good care of and I highly doubt he/she would want you to let the kitty get too frustrated and suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.