Cat Lymphoma and High Liver Enzymes

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

lovewilbur

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He had a tough beginning of the year (with the feeding tube) and then right before he passed....but we had such a great summer and fall and I am glad we had more time with him. The house feels so empty right now. He was so very special to us and I felt like I bonded to him more than any other pet in my life. I know we did the best for him to keep him comfortable and gave him a good 6 years. Wish we could've had him forever.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
He had a tough beginning of the year (with the feeding tube) and then right before he passed....but we had such a great summer and fall and I am glad we had more time with him. The house feels so empty right now. He was so very special to us and I felt like I bonded to him more than any other pet in my life. I know we did the best for him to keep him comfortable and gave him a good 6 years. Wish we could've had him forever.
I am SO sorry. You sound like such a responsible cat owner. If it helps you to grieve there is thread where you can talk about Wilbur some more called Crossing the Bridge. Big hugs. He looked like a super sweetie.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I am so shocked and sorry to read about Wilbur. You gave Wilbur incredibly excellent care throughout his life, and continued to help him to fight everything that faced him as he became ill. I agree with the vet that you gave him a fighting chance by allowing the surgery. The option of not doing anything would have left him in pain and while you could have made the decision to let him go, the idea that there had been a chance for recovery with the surgery would always have been there.

When a cat passes on, we lock the thread out of respect. If you would like to post a tribute to Wilbur in our Crossing the Bridge forum, you are welcome to do so.

Crossing the Bridge

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.