Cat lump on ear

Lilly21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Recently a lump showed up on my cats ear and hasn’t seemed to improve as well as little black dots I’ve only noticed today , thought at first she may have just hurt it or scratched it but it’s grown in size. I will be ringing the vet in the next few days but in the mean time does anyone have any ideas what it could be ? I’m paranoid of her ear because of the risk of white ears becoming cancerous

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
HI. How old is your cat? And does she sit in the sun a lot? Is she scratching at that lump? Does she go outside? There could be a few things those spots might be from, but there really isn't anyway to know for sure without a vet taking a look at it. You could consider sending pics to your vet to see if they have any ideas, but the odds are that they will just want you to bring her in for a better look.

If she is scratching at that place, it could be itchiness and that is making the spot worse. You can try a home remedy to help alleviate the itchiness, and possibly help heal it a bit until you get her into the vet. Buy chamomile tea bags - you can find them in most any grocery store and generally speaking those are Germain - you don't want English or any flavorings or additives. Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid to room temp and then dab some on that spot with cotton balls or a soft cloth - 2-3 times a day.

Chamomile tea, which is a soothing and healing agent, also has anti-bacterial/anti-fungal properties. It is safe for your cat to ingest should she do so.

Either way I would take pics so if the chamomile tea does help any, the vet will still be able to see what it looks like now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lilly21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
HI. How old is your cat? And does she sit in the sun a lot? Is she scratching at that lump? Does she go outside? There could be a few things those spots might be from, but there really isn't anyway to know for sure without a vet taking a look at it. You could consider sending pics to your vet to see if they have any ideas, but the odds are that they will just want you to bring her in for a better look.

If she is scratching at that place, it could be itchiness and that is making the spot worse. You can try a home remedy to help alleviate the itchiness, and possibly help heal it a bit until you get her into the vet. Buy chamomile tea bags - you can find them in most any grocery store and generally speaking those are Germain - you don't want English or any flavorings or additives. Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid to room temp and then dab some on that spot with cotton balls or a soft cloth - 2-3 times a day.

Chamomile tea, which is a soothing and healing agent, also has anti-bacterial/anti-fungal properties. It is safe for your cat to ingest should she do so.

Either way I would take pics so if the chamomile tea does help any, the vet will still be able to see what it looks like now.
She’s 16 , and has been scratching a bit at it but it’s not unusual for her to scratch at her ears sometimes, she does go outside in the sun a bit , prefers the shade but has had the odd burning over the years. I will try the tea suggestion thank you 😊