Cat Loves Whiskas Temptations Treats For Cats. Anything Similar But More Healthy?

empirefalls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat Whiskas Temptations Treats for Cats.
Is there anything similar but more healthier?

What i mean by "similar". i theorize my cat knows the exact texture,size,etc. of the Whiskas Temptations Treats and will turn his nose up at anything different.---I could be absolutely wrong on that theory. I have tried other treats before, and he just walked away.

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know temptations have an “all natural” line. I would start there. Or you can try greenies. They aren’t as bad and they are made by mars as well like temptations are so maybe they’ll be a little similar.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

empirefalls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have bought temptations all natural” line in the past,however, about 3 years ago, they became difficult to find in retailer stores and online. Not impossible but difficult.

Didnt like greenies , perhaps give them a try again

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cats are real picky too. HATED freeeze tried treats lol. They did like wellness cat treats. Kittles I think they’re called. That’s about the only thing I think they ever liked other than greenies.
I’ve also use their favorite kibble as treats too but like out of rotation so it’s not like the kibbles they usually eat. So they really like performatrin (petvalus cat food brand) but it’s not readily available to me so I only get a sample bag once in a blue moon. That ends up being their treats . They also liked natures variety raw boost nibs too.

amethyst

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My cats use to eat temptations as the go to treat, but they seem to actually like the purebite treats a lot more, well all but one of my cats anyway. They all also like the Orijen freeze dried treats. Another option I've see some people do, since temptations is a crunchy treat, is buy a small bag of a different dry food then you normally feed (or just dry food if you don't normally feed it) and give that as treats.

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mingo vomits Temptations, so I've had to stop giving him those. We are now using the Meow Mix treats, and my cats love them. The best, though, were Dentalifes, which were round and the cats had to actually chew them. I bought one bag at the grocery store, and then that was last I saw of them. I wish they would come back. They were a good treat.

TobiDaDog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My two go nuts for Kittles. They're grain free and have only 2 calories a treat!

Rummy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Do you have a Bosley's, Tisols, Total Pet, or Pet Valu near you? They carry a private label treat called Lovibles, it was designed to be a direct competitor with Temptations so it has a very similar texture but better ingredients.

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm going to have to check these out, one of my cat is OBSESSED with temptations and I hate the ingredients

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

empirefalls

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bought pure bite salmon treats to give them a try.
As i was looking at them, one piece had as dark spot that looked like mold. Perhaps that is just a normal dark spot of the product.

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know whereabouts in the world you live in, though we have Lily's Kitchen here in the UK which is an organic brand that does heart shaped treats that have the same effect as Whiskas. They're a bit more pricey, but worth it, and my cats seem to love them. There's also Vet's Kitchen, Thrive, Nature's Menu, Applaws and Orijen which are all organic brands.

Storm Shadow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We just give our cats turkey bacon or Canadian bacon, fed raw and cut up into small pieces. Far healthier than the junk the big brands sell and all our cats love their bacon... cheaper too than store bought cat treats and the plus is that you can eat it too! :)