Cat loose

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
If you try to clean it, use a pet odor remover type cleaner made for use around pets. Don't use anything with ammonia as that will only make it worse. The smell can definitely last and if you can get them, black lights of any type are a huge, and often shocking, help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I only seen him spray one thing and it was a live trap we were trying to use to catch bubbles with. That was about three weeks ago.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rough guess from watching toms around my house and other places, your back door, your front door, any large bushes near your house, planters, railings for in-ground flower beds, your shed door, the sides and back, your car tires, any large trees near your door, the fence, the gate. We have one that jumps on the deck railing here so he can spray the top of the bushes around the deck. This is why you need the black light.

When he sprays your yard will depend on when he owns it as his territory. Cats divide territory not just by the actual land, but by time. It's entirely possible that your yard is claimed by five cats, one in the morning, one afternoon, one evening, one dusk to midnight, another midnight to dawn and they will all be marking their territory. One of these five cats is Bubbles. They, generally, will not enter they territory during a time that it belongs to another cat. This gives them more hunting space and helps them avoid fights. (Brought to you be British scientists who have studied these things. I wish I could remember the PBS show's name, but there you are, I can't.)

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well I believe the black cat was trying to steal his claim on my yard for his own entirely because he was showing up at all hours of the day and night.
There was another black and white stray cat hanging around but my neighbor said it was his. I haven’t seen that cat in about two or three weeks now. I believe that solid black cat had bubbles and the stray cat scared off to where they were only hunting the neighbors property.
Since we were able to catch the black male and take him to the humane society, I’m hoping bubbles will feel safe enough to come back here and we can hopefully catch her now.

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had a thought, wash the bushes with hose water, everything that isn't growing use the enzyme or vinegar water. Especially your door if you have a kick plate on the bottom of it as spray will change the color of the metal.

I did try to kill weeds, possibly poison ivy, with vinegar water. they loved it.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have always found that what K Kflowers says about the time and space division of property to be true and it is very interesting to watch. Definitely happens here. The toms I have caught spraying have usually used a fence which is near a yard entrance.

However, an aggressive bully cat will push the boundaries of territories and you might be seeing that happening.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well he’s not doing that now because we took him to the humane society for a new home. It makes me sad that people think my road is a dumping ground for cats. And any other cat that I find on my property that doesn’t belong to me is going to be taken to the humane society.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update on Bubbles the cat being loose. Yesterday I drove around the neighborhood looking in peoples yards for her. I didn’t see her, and I stopped and talked to my neighbor and asked if they happened to see her. They said no one has seen her so that’s good news. We haven’t had any coyote around here lately so she’s still around between my property and the neighbor next door. She’s just afraid to come back out and venture back over to our house. I’m still going to visit the pound tomorrow morning. They have a picture of her so they know I’m looking for her.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow I’m going to walk up and down the road not far from here and see if by chance someone found bubbles in their yard and thought she was a stray and took her in. On another note I have come up with a name for my new kitten. Sunshine 459E1C7B-2B39-46D6-81DF-DC029D6879D5.jpeg

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update on my physical search for bubbles. I wasn’t able to do a lengthy walk along the road today because of the rain and storms. But I did go to the animal shelter today and updated the information for them. No one has brought her there. So that’s a good thing still. That tells me she’s still around here somewhere.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you try to clean it, use a pet odor remover type cleaner made for use around pets. Don't use anything with ammonia as that will only make it worse. The smell can definitely last and if you can get them, black lights of any type are a huge, and often shocking, help.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update on my sweet bubbles. Sadly we haven’t seen her on any cameras lately, however this evening I thought I seen a cat that looks a lot like her run past a camera. But because I we watching that camera it didn’t record it. I’m still trying to find her and bring her home. I will not give up on her.
The tomcat has been removed and taken to the humane society for revoking.
Please keep my precious bubbles in your prayers and that she comes home soon.

MackerelTabbyStripes

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My missing cat showed back up on our property over 40 days after we stopped seeing her on camera. I was tracking many sightings of a cat like her on a block a mile away -- even saw glimpses myself that were very convincing! I'm still thinking it might have been her, that she went there because she was born there, and that possibly it was me catching up to her and calling to her that might have prompted her to come back. Or maybe it wasn't even her -- I have no idea.

I'm sorry Bubbles is still outside, I'm glad you caught a glimpse though.

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Turned out that it wasn’t bubbles that night but a flipping raccoon! I have not given up looking for my kitty! It has been almost two months since I’ve seen her. I’m hoping since the Tom cat is gone now she will start showing up again. There’s been a black and white stray cat around here and they both disappeared at around the same time, the black and white stray cat has resurfaced. So that’s giving me hope that bubbles will show up again soon

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The black and white cat may well have joined with Bubbles to give mutual support and protection. You probably don't want to send him away. Are there any lost cat signs up for him?

Bubblesmom2014

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The black and white cat may well have joined with Bubbles to give mutual support and protection. You probably don't want to send him away. Are there any lost cat signs up for him?
No there aren’t. My neighbor claims she’s his but I never see him feeding her or taking care of her at all. And she look pregnant. I don’t need a dozen cats running around out here continuously breeding