Cat looking for a loving home

Sassycatowner

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone, I found Delilah 5 years ago as a alone and scared kitten. I’ve loved and taken care of her since a saw her but I can’t keep her. I currently can’t give her the love and attention that she deserves. Hoping to find a loving home. If in the NJ/NY area and are in need of cat cuddles and kisses please reach out.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hang some fliers, or get online on your local newspaper and advertise her, it may help. I'm so sorry, she will be very sad for a while, Cats are very independent remember, they don't require a lot of attention, just consistency and routine......

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
IF you absolutely must rehome her (and what di and bob di and bob said is very true...cats do pretty well on their own when they know they are safe and they have a routine...remember, they are sleeping about 18 hours a day), consider joining Nextdoor.com. There will be people there looking for pets in your neighborhood, so you can get a sense of who they are. Ask questions. This article can help with that:

While the article is geared towards kittens, most of the criteria will be the same!

suzeanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
There are usually people looking for cats on the NYC Nextdoor, but they also often recommend finding a rescue/org to surrender the cat to (e.g., ASPCA), so in case things don't work out with the cat's new owner, they should return to the cat to the same rescue. I also recommend this since the NYC ASPCA does a great job of getting cats adopted, and they check in with the adopter to see how it's going a week in, 2 weeks in, a month in, etc. I adopted my cat from them and had a great experience. She was surrendered with a UTI, struvite stones, an ear infection, and bad teeth, and they took care of everything. :heartshape: