Cat Litter - Could I mix Skoon with Pellets?

Aerilyn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have been using skoon for well over a year now [eesh! My wallet!] mainly because small grain litters were a pain since my cats would dig and dig and dig and it would just get EVERYWHERE. The larger pieces help a lot to keep the litter at least close to the box [since it doesn't track TOO much, even though they still dig.]

Now, with the Skoon, I have noticed that the urine has been sinking to the bottom of the box and it doesn't soak in as much as I would like, so I want wondering if adding some pellets might help absorb it better and potentially help with some of the smell as well.

I have never used pellets, but am curious about them. What are you experiences with pellets over other litters? Have you mixed them into anything before?

ALSO with pellet litter, my big concern is the fact that pine is toxic to cats [and I think humans?]

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
You can mix litters - I'm not a user of pellets so I can't help with that, but I use clumping litter and I mix Littermaid corncob or walnut to help cut down on the dust.

You could consider putting the litter boxes inside big storage bins to help contain the small grain litters if you decide to go back to that :)