Cat licking wound, can't heal

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Oh, charming all the ladies over the holiday weekend, huh? Both the fur ladies and the flesh ladies! That's our guy! He must feel like a new man with his coat all shiny and mostly healed.

He sure looks happy in the picture. I'm glad he's doing well. He didn't try to leave with you, I guess?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mesacakes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He did follow me out front but then laid down and watched me get in the car. :)

sweetsadiecat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's a little late for this topical wound application for you ,a good recipe to have ion hand.I'm glad your adorable boy Is healing .

Mix 100% colostrum powder with water, herbal tea or hydrosol to make a thin paste and apply directly to wounds twice a day. Restrain cat from licking wound and allow colostrum to be absorbed for five minutes . Leave wound open to breathe. I used this on my dog who had stepped on a nail . The wound was in his nail bed ugh ! I used pure colloidal silver 10ppm (hydrosol). At times during the day I would mist the wound with CS because he would lick his paw.Good for humans too. This also healed my mothers nasty cut when it became infected.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mesacakes

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Two weeks after Frank returned to his barn. He is doing great. Still a tiny bald spot in the middle but the other hair has grown in so thick you really have to part his fur to get to it. He is still lashing out when Tom gets too close but is happy with all his other kitty friends. Tom doesn't really fight back luckily!
Here Frank was playing with some twine and just relaxing with us while we brushed the horses.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Frank looks great! I'm glad his wound is mostly healed and covered by fur, and hopefully there will be no fights. It sounds like Tom is letting Frank be the alpha male to keep the peace. It's so nice to hear that he continues to enjoy the barn :).

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwwwwwwwwwww!

so happy!! 

Thank you for sharing....

Frank seems to be a very special boy...

Last edited:

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You might try a bitter spray from Amazon. Emmy's best was rated well and helped a little. Might work for your cat. They emailed me to see how it worked and I told them I only tried it two days then moved on to the Wound Gard. They told me to return it for a full refund as they offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
It did help reduce the licking. Just not completely for Frank right away.
The Wound Gard is still working!!
His original sore has almost healed. He's started another on the top inside of his left leg. Seems like he'll never stop. A hang up he's developed. Sigh.