Cat kneading, purring and biting on blanket

droidus

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've noticed my kitten will purr madly, knead the blanket, and bite down on it. But my older cat does not do this. Why is he doing this?
IMG_0052.jpg

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it is just a you say pot-a-to, I say pot-A-toe, one cat lies on the blanket, another kneads the blanket, yours does that AND bites, and mine substitutes drooling for biting.

Honestly, I get why you are curious, but isn't drooling while kneading the blanket weirder than biting the blanket? Yes, it is. My cat is weirder. I win.

In all seriousness, liking to knead blankets and sometimes also suckling on the blanket is a known thing some cats do. I'm sure someone will say it has to do with premature separation from mom, and maybe that is true, but mostly it is just one of those things. Just be grateful yours isn't drooling on the blanket...its very gross.

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Some cats use a blanket some cats will use your shirt while it’s still on you! One theory is that kitty may have been weaned too early and they do that for comfort.

lucicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I think it is just a you say pot-a-to, I say pot-A-toe, one cat lies on the blanket, another kneads the blanket, yours does that AND bites, and mine substitutes drooling for biting.

Honestly, I get why you are curious, but isn't drooling while kneading the blanket weirder than biting the blanket? Yes, it is. My cat is weirder. I win.

In all seriousness, liking to knead blankets and sometimes also suckling on the blanket is a known thing some cats do. I'm sure someone will say it has to do with premature separation from mom, and maybe that is true, but mostly it is just one of those things. Just be grateful yours isn't drooling on the blanket...its very gross.
Yep mine drools. . .but on me (well my shirt) not a blanket. BLech. But it's such a sign of love and relaxation that I let her.