Cat kidney failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsreemok

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey everyone. I’m really hoping you guys can help me out here. This is Julius (potsi). Potsi is my cat of 6 years and he was just diagnosed with Kidney Failure. So far from consultations and misdiagnosis (they thought anemia and dehydration and parasite) ive spent more than 1500 TL. Now, the vet said that the treatment to prolonge his life is serum for 2 weeks his cost 130 TL per session, and an american drug called adozyl, and from the U.S with federally approving it through customs cost 180 USD. I hate to do this but I am a student and have spent all that I could. I work a part time job while studying and truly cannot finance this. I feel ashamed to do this but I am sort of starting a fund raiser for Potsi. Please, any form of donation is welcome, even it be 1 USD. I will send you all receipts to show proof about the money and how it is being sent, as well as constant updates about him. Please help me save my boy I truly cannot live without him.

Disclaimer: any money not used for his treatment will go straight to animal donations

This is his Go Fund me page
Help Potsi get his treatment organized by Reem Nabil

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

To all members, a reminder that it is your responsibility to check out these solicitations to the best of your ability. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reasons that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized.

Please note that this is a generic note added after all pleas for money.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello -

This organization may help with the emotions;
Day By Day Caregiver Support Inc. – Providing compassionate support for the grief that comes before, during and after the loss of a pet - and be sure and ask them if they are aware of any international financial aid organizations.

This might have some additional information or options regarding financial aid
Pet Funding That Helps With Vet Bills | Animal Welfare Organization

And this website has a lot of information, as well as a support group, that may be of use to you;
Tanya's Comprehensive Guide to Feline Chronic Kidney Disease - Diagnosis

moxiewild

Seniors, Special Needs, Ferals, and Wildlife
Super Cat
Purraise
Hey everyone. I’m really hoping you guys can help me out here. This is Julius (potsi). Potsi is my cat of 6 years and he was just diagnosed with Kidney Failure. So far from consultations and misdiagnosis (they thought anemia and dehydration and parasite) ive spent more than 1500 TL. Now, the vet said that the treatment to prolonge his life is serum for 2 weeks his cost 130 TL per session, and an american drug called adozyl, and from the U.S with federally approving it through customs cost 180 USD. I hate to do this but I am a student and have spent all that I could. I work a part time job while studying and truly cannot finance this. I feel ashamed to do this but I am sort of starting a fund raiser for Potsi. Please, any form of donation is welcome, even it be 1 USD. I will send you all receipts to show proof about the money and how it is being sent, as well as constant updates about him. Please help me save my boy I truly cannot live without him.

Disclaimer: any money not used for his treatment will go straight to animal donations

This is his Go Fund me page
Help Potsi get his treatment organized by Reem Nabil
Hey I itsreemok

I know that this is not what you’re asking for, but I rescue/foster/hospice and adopt special needs and senior cats and have a lot of experience with CKD (kidney disease).

Azodyl is not a drug, it is a probiotic. It is not necessary whatsoever for kidney disease - that money would be much better spent on other things like subqs, phosphorus binders, other medications like benazepril, and lab work every 3-6 months (depending on severity and current medications).

Azodyl is a great thing to throw in there if you have all the necessities and it’s well within your means to purchase it, but it is so far down the list of actual treatments for kidney disease, that you shouldn’t even bother if it’s going to cause you financial stress. Most CKD cats are not “treated” with Azodyl. Its merely a supplement to primary treatment.

What is the “serum every two weeks” you’re talking about? Do you mean fluids?

Where are you from?

The user above me linked Tanya’s CKD website. Please go to it, it’s an invaluable resource.

And this support group on Facebook can help you answer specific questions regarding your cats care. Some of the admins are even vets -

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=703846239667023&ref=content_filter

Please never feel ashamed for doing everything you can to help your pet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

itsreemok

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hey I itsreemok

I know that this is not what you’re asking for, but I rescue/foster/hospice and adopt special needs and senior cats and have a lot of experience with CKD (kidney disease).

Azodyl is not a drug, it is a probiotic. It is not necessary whatsoever for kidney disease - that money would be much better spent on other things like subqs, phosphorus binders, other medications like benazepril, and lab work every 3-6 months (depending on severity and current medications).

Azodyl is a great thing to throw in there if you have all the necessities and it’s well within your means to purchase it, but it is so far down the list of actual treatments for kidney disease, that you shouldn’t even bother if it’s going to cause you financial stress. Most CKD cats are not “treated” with Azodyl. Its merely a supplement to primary treatment.

What is the “serum every two weeks” you’re talking about? Do you mean fluids?

Where are you from?

The user above me linked Tanya’s CKD website. Please go to it, it’s an invaluable resource.

And this support group on Facebook can help you answer specific questions regarding your cats care. Some of the admins are even vets -

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=703846239667023&ref=content_filter

Please never feel ashamed for doing everything you can to help your pet.
Hey there, i wish I would have seen your reply earlier. I actually had gathered enough money for the drug and bought it but unfortunately my sweet boy passed away two weeks ago. I wish I would have known and used the money on other things. I appreciate your informative reply. Thank you for helping.

Status
Not open for further replies.