Cat keeps squinting?

irenepaark

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

My cat has recently started to squint in one eye, as if it is infected. She recently got cured for her feline chin acne (thanks to the wonderful people in this forum) and I was wondering if any of you guys had issues with this before? It doesn't look infected to me, but I can only look at it for a short period of time since she is fussy. The outside of her eye looks fine, MAYBE slightly swollen. It's her left eye and even while I'm watching her sleep right now, it seems to kind of twitch. And she opens only her right eye at times.

Thank you in advance and hope everyone is safe and healthy!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I hope that it is just some irritant that will wash out on its own but it is possible for there to be scratches or abrasions on the eye which could also fit the symptoms.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Keep an eye on it - no pun intended. ;) If you notice a change or it worsens definitely call your vet. Ask them if you can e-mail a pic or video since it's more difficult to get an appointment due to Covid-19 regulations.

Here is an Article that discusses eye problems in cats and might have some helpful information for you:
Eye Problems In Cats: What Every Owner Needs To Know

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

irenepaark

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope that it is just some irritant that will wash out on its own but it is possible for there to be scratches or abrasions on the eye which could also fit the symptoms.
Yes I hope so too :( If I wanted to help her wash it out, do you have any recommendations on how?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

irenepaark

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Keep an eye on it - no pun intended. ;) If you notice a change or it worsens definitely call your vet. Ask them if you can e-mail a pic or video since it's more difficult to get an appointment due to Covid-19 regulations.

Here is an Article that discusses eye problems in cats and might have some helpful information for you:
Eye Problems In Cats: What Every Owner Needs To Know
Will do! So far no change, but also no better :( But I keep looking at it and it doesn't seem infected or scratched.. But she keeps squinting it!! :(

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Gracie's squint seems to be going away. She had her eye open fully 50% of the time after I got home picking up dinner. No idea what she did.