Cat just passed, but cremation place isn't open until Monday

TenaR

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
TenaR TenaR - and our hearts are with you as well. So sorry for your loss, and the added stress of not being able to take care of your loved one in a different manner. You too can pay a loving tribute and homage to your sweetie in the Crossing the Bridge section of this site - all the stories and pics that you want - when you are ready to do so. I don't know if it is something that you would want to do, but something that others have done - which I would never have thought of with my lost cats - is to ask for a cutting of his/her hair to keep with you forever. I know when Feeby's time comes (she too has kidney disease), I will be doing so. I wish I could go back and do the same for my other cats. But it is what it is. :hugs:
Thank you so much...
I have taken all of my furbies to be cremated with a full funeral over the years. They do it all, fur, paw prints in cement with name, ashes, urns ect. My entire family has passed so my furbies is all my family I have left. I can say, it is well worth the cost.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much. I live in an apartment complex so burial is not an option. As for the thread, my bad. This old lady doesn't see as good as she use to. I was trying to figured out the science behind how long one can keep an animal in their fridge and this thread popped up. I took my baby out and double bagged her just to be safe. Three days seems like a bit of time, enough for severe decomposition. The weather should cool down I'm hoping enough to put her out in the car. Ok, so reading this sounds morbid and feeling-less but rest assured I love my furbies. Again, thank you for the condolences. My second one since moving here. Last baby was 22 years old, Tigeria was 10.
It is just terrible that emergency services are not available to you. Passing away, of people and companion animals, occurs at any and all times, and so should be services needed for this. I don't know where you are, but if you google cremation services for cats, you may be able to find one that will be able to pick her up much sooner. Not to get your hopes up, just putting that out there as a possibility.
"cremation services for cats near me" might be a good topic to input. Of course your are not morbid OR "feeling-less"! Anyone who has lost a loved one of any species knows the real-world things that must be dealt with in a timely manner. May there be a better and quicker solution to your need. My Prayers and thoughts are with you.

all4mom2

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Late to the thread, but whenever I've had a pet pass at home or taken his body home after euthanizing, I've held sort of a "wake" for him where I place him back in his bed and just sit with him overnight. Decomposition isn't something that presents a hazard the second one dies (after all, not every human body is embalmed, yet we still hold wakes, viewings, and funerals for them and always have), so I don't think it's something one has to get panicky about. If it comforts you to just spend time with your pet, you can do so.

(There might be other protocol to follow if a necropsy is planned.)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*PRAYERS* that everything has been resolved well, tclark13 tclark13 . You have been in my *PRAYERS* and my thoughts daily. May your little loved one be at rest in the manner you favor, and may you have Comfort. I am so sorry for your loss.