Cat just got neutered, may have ringworm

Sarah2002

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hey guys, so i have a 1 year old boy and he just got neutered yesterday. i also strongly suspect that he is starting to develop a ringworm infection, im taking him to the vet today but any advice concerning the entire neutering-aftercare process n treating ringworm in general would be much appreciated

Attachments

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to TCS S Sarah2002 :)

Good idea to take him to the vet. Do you have a picture of the suspected ringworm?
In the meantime, have a look at these articles:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sarah2002

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Attachments

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Well it's round and could be the early stages. Good idea to get it checked. Where is it on his body and is he irritated by it?

Sarah2002

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well it's round and could be the early stages. Good idea to get it checked. Where is it on his body and is he irritated by it?
I found 3 spots, one on his head, neck and then the side of his back. theyre pretty small so i think its just the early beginnings of ringworm.. will take him to a vet today but the vets here in my country are quite incompetent to say the least so if u guys have any advice pls let me know

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Do you think he got it at the vets?

One of my cats got ringworm, many years ago. I bathed her in anti-fungal stuff every day and kept her in one place as it's so very contagious. But you will need to get the correct medication from the vet, unfortunately.
The article gives good information, and other members should be around to help soon.

Sarah2002

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you think he got it at the vets?

One of my cats got ringworm, many years ago. I bathed her in anti-fungal stuff every day and kept her in one place as it's so very contagious. But you will need to get the correct medication from the vet, unfortunately.
The article gives good information, and other members should be around to help soon.
i think he did unfortunately, and to give more context i did take him to the vet about a week ago for these peculiar ringworm looking lesions n he said that it might just be food allergies.. so lets see what the vet says this time around :(

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
It's so easy to test for them.. they have a special light that shows them up. I'm amazed they didn't do that!
Have they grown in that time?

Sarah2002

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's so easy to test for them.. they have a special light that shows them up. I'm amazed they didn't do that!
Have they grown in that time?
update! confirmed ringworm. ive isolated my baby in this crate, let me know if it looks good or if should do something different guys! trying my best to disinfect the house while hes in there.

Attachments

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Sorry I haven't been on S Sarah2002 .. I've been unwell.
It looks good.. he'd probably appreciate more space but that can be hard to do, poor baby.
Have you been given anything to kill the ringworm?