Cat is very sick and lethargic

Misfitdabengal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello I have a 1 year old bengal male cat he Saturday afternoon he started acting very lethargic and weak and then started having diarrhea but it’s not normal diarrhea it’s a clear liquid that’s slimy and is clear like water he is doing it very frequently almost every 5-10 mins we have been to the vet the last 3 days in a row and still no answers they did x-rays parasite test that came back negative I’m very worried 😟
Has anyone had this happen to their precious cat before? Thanks in advance any knowledge would be greatly appreciated

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is he throwing up or just diarrhea? Is he eating? Did they do an x-ray?

Have you considered a second opinion?

Tagrendy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What did he eat Sunday / Saturday? Could he have accidentally eaten something he wasn't supposed to - like leftover on the table or gotten to a trashcan? Could he have been exposed to a soap / shampoo or anything toxic?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Misfitdabengal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just diarrhea but it’s not normal just a clear slimy liquid he ate a very little this morning And thats the only time he tried to eat since Saturday but every now and then he will take some sips but we are squirting water and chicken broth in his mouth. The place we went too wasn’t our primary vet cuz ours was closed But took him to our normal one today

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Misfitdabengal

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Last time he ate a full meal was Saturday morning. The vet has given him fluids the last two days. We did x rays and blood work. He did have high gluclose, high white blood cells and low sodium levels. The X-ray was sent for a second opinion in which they didn’t give a definite response. They just said he could have food or a foreign object. All this took place at a different vet/hospital in which we just took him to his primary vet and they looked at the same x rays and stated they don’t seem to see a foreign object. We are just stumped! He is on medications for the diarrhea and to treat possible infection but it doesn’t seem to be helping.

Tagrendy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Are there plants around that he could have eaten? If it's upset stomach I would think probiotics could help. We have a product here sold in pharmacies, looks like yogurt but it's a lactic acid filled with probiotics. Not sure if something like that is sold there, but whenever my cat had upset stomach, few spoons of that for 1-3 days would make him recover.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You could ask for the PCR diarrhea panel. That might help, but it sounds like something else is going on.