Cat is slightly limping, should i take her to see a vet?

traveil

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all, my tortie is slightly limping after i got back from work. All my family members said i was over reacting but i am certain she was limping. Should i bring her to see a vet? :(

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She might have injured herself slightly by jumping from somewhere high. Or trying to get to somewhere high. I myself would give it three days, if there is no improvement or gets worse, then bring her in. Check her paw on that side to make sure nothing is lodged there, and her claws in case one got pulled out, and then observe her. Also, check to make sure there is no swelling or distortion. she most likely just had a bad day. A sprain will result in no needed treatment anyway, just rest and good nutrition.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
my tortie is slightly limping after i got back from work. All my family members said i was over reacting but i am certain she was limping. Should i bring her to see a vet?
You know your cat best and if you notice her limping you are not overreacting. If it's just a slight limp keep an eye on her but at the first sign of increased discomfort or if she seems more lethargic then definitely contact your vet.

Best of luck, keeping my fingers crossed that she feels better soon. :crossfingers: