Cat is not eating after Vet appointment

mhakikat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi All,

We adopted a cat from a shelter 2 days ago, but she had a fever, was sneezing a lot, and clear mucus kept coming out of her nose. She also used to breathe from her mouth a lot which I assume is because of her nose. We took her to the Vet yesterday, and they took a test to see what respiratory disease she had, and the result will come in a few days. They gave her an antibiotic injection Convenia and some fluid (SQ) because she was dehydrated.

But now she is not eating. She hasn't been eating for the whole day. She is very dull and will not come off of her bed for anything except using the litter box time to time.

I am worried. Is this normal? Should I take her to the Vet again?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
But now she is not eating. She hasn't been eating for the whole day. She is very dull and will not come off of her bed for anything except using the litter box time to time.

I am worried. Is this normal? Should I take her to the Vet again?
:hellosmiley: and welcome to TCS!

Thank you for adopting this kitty from the shelter and for giving her a warm and fur-ever loving home and a safe sanctuary to live out her life :clapcat:

I guess that your kitty is not eating as first, she is not feeling too good and secondly, it could be the injection that is making her a little dull. Usually, after most jabs, a kitty will be a little dull after that and a slight fever could develop from the jabs and thus making them a little dull. Just keep an eye on her and if it persists for a few more days, call your vet and check.

As for eating, same goes for the above and it';s just like us hoomans, when we feel down and not feeling good, we loose our appetites too. You can encourage her to eat or try giving her some pf he favorite snacks. You can skip over to this thread to see if any of the posts can help your kitty to eat : - Any Good Tips To Get Your Cats To Eat? Share Them Here!

As I mentioned above, observe your kitty and make sure there's no abnormal behavior else call your vet to check. Do keep us posted.