Cat is Itching and Diet issues?

SketchyT

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I've been having a few problems with my cat lately, and I was wondering if I could get some help?

First of all, she's been vomiting a lot. Almost every day or every other day... I used to think it was a hairball issue, since she's a longhair, but lately she's been throwing up food too. I've tried both grain free and sensitive stomach foods, and she doesnt eat wet food so dry is all I can give her.

My second problem is that she's been itching and grooming like mad lately (this is more recently this week). I've checked her extensively for fleas and I haven't found anything. There's also a small sore on her upper lip that appeared in recent days, I don't know if it's related to the itching.

I can't do much in terms of going to the vet because of coronavirus lockdown in my state, so if anybody could give me some help or let me know if this is an emergency, it would he great help! Thank you!

FeralHearts

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
While it is very possible she's developed a food allergy or sensitivity but a cat vomiting daily / every other day is a real cause to go to the vet. It could be a lot of things unfortunately.

Honestly, call the vet.

We're on lockdown here as well, but, my Vet practice is open and there are a lot of protocols they've put in place. Yours may very well be the same.

My Vet we call from the car and they come out into the parking lot and take the animals in without us. I pick up my babies medication the same way.

I know the timing of this sucks but it really is best to contact the vet over something like this. Truly.

XOXOXOXOXOX

PS - anything she could have gotten into? Something laying around or a new plant? Food?

My vet just had a cat brought in a few weeks ago that nearly died after a chive plant was brought into the house and the caretaker's cat ate maybe an inch of two and it got bad fast. Something that simply can be an issue.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can't do much in terms of going to the vet because of coronavirus lockdown in my state, so if anybody could give me some help or let me know if this is an emergency, it would he great help! Thank you!

Vets and others who work with animals are essential employees and are not affected by a lockdown. Vet hours may be limited however and some vets are only seeing emergencies. Call your vet and ask about how they are seeing patients these days.