Cat is grumpy and obsessively tries to escape?

Melorin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,
we have 8 cats. The second one we've ever gotten, Lancelot, has been a bit of a nightmare lately. He's neutered, albeit when he was 3-4 months old due to a medical reason. He's an indoor cat with the access into our garden under supervision.
He's been spraying everywhere, counter included. We got a medical diagnosis-Struvite- however we still believe it's mostly behavioral.
He gets especially angry when we don't let him go wander around our tiny garden. By angry I of course mean he sprays more frequently.
We have two neighborhood cats, they both come to our garden.
We can't really prevent that, and he's never had a problem with any of his 7 cat siblings, including some cats we rescued (they were given away after max week, and we closed off).
It is true,however, that he really dislikes one of them.
The biggest issue is that he's been obsessing over trying to leave our little garden. By obsessing I mean trying to find ways for hours. We've lived here for two years and he's never done this. At first, yes, but we taught them not to.
It started few days after we had to catsit the mentioned disliked cat (the owner went to America for a month)
He sprays only specific places. He also started to spray outside.
He's obviously anxious, pacing around the house, very obviously in a bad mood-growls at everyone he meets.
We've tried calming products-pipets, chewing tablets-he throws up after all of them, diffusers make it 10x worse, sprays don't do much.
We've been thinking that maybe he's just really unhappy being with us and other cats and we've been thinking that maybe for his sake, we should try to find him a new family, someone with no cats. I fear that that might be too stressful for him though, he's 5 years old and quite sensitive.
We love him, but it's been really hard. For him and for us as well. The mood in the house has been quite sour for the past two months.
We can let him go into the garden now, since I kind of DIYED it so that it's impossible for him to escape. He's still, however, extremely anxious and trying to find a way anyway.
What do you think?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Melorin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
Are you doing anything for the crystals?
He's also on his pain meds, but it feels like he got even more anxious..
The blood tests didn't show anything, but today he vomited A LOT of blood after eating grass- he's always had a very weak stomach due to the medical stuff he went through as a kitten. Sometimes there's a speck of redness after the grass munching, but only a tiny bit.
On Monday we're going to call the vet, because the amount of blood was honestly scary.
It's really scary, because every time we've been to the vet, not much has been figured out.. And I doubt he's throwing up blood due to struvite..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Melorin

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Nebaug

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's also on his pain meds, but it feels like he got even more anxious..
The blood tests didn't show anything, but today he vomited A LOT of blood after eating grass- he's always had a very weak stomach due to the medical stuff he went through as a kitten. Sometimes there's a speck of redness after the grass munching, but only a tiny bit.
On Monday we're going to call the vet, because the amount of blood was honestly scary.
It's really scary, because every time we've been to the vet, not much has been figured out.. And I doubt he's throwing up blood due to struvite..
Please, if you can take the cat to vet immediately!!! throwing blood is not good at all. And if amount is such as you described it’s a huge emergency. Your cat is not grumpy it’s seriously sick. Take the baby to vet now …2 more days is , 2 too many days!!!
This is not behavior issue it’s a health problem.