Cat Introduction .... Failure?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

RocketPuppy97

Can Opener for Monty & Cosmo
Adult Cat
Purraise
So Cosmo was great at the vet today! He's a bit skittish when on the table and he screams the whole car ride but when he's in his transport crate he's calm and cuddles through the slits.
He got his vaccination and is now finally chipped!
We saw on the sono that he still has crystals in his bladder, but the bladder itself is not inflamed or anything like that. We just have to wait and give him his medication so the crystals disolve!

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So Cosmo was great at the vet today! He's a bit skittish when on the table and he screams the whole car ride but when he's in his transport crate he's calm and cuddles through the slits.
He got his vaccination and is now finally chipped!
We saw on the sono that he still has crystals in his bladder, but the bladder itself is not inflamed or anything like that. We just have to wait and give him his medication so the crystals disolve!
Thank you for the great update.

Yes, he is a normal cat with the vet. Can't blame him. :)

Fantastic on the vaccinations and chip.

Great his bladder isn't inflamed. Yes, those crystals can be stubborn. SO we'll have to wait to see if the crystals are the issue (I suspect they are) or if it is habit as well.

Thanks for the update. :) Take good care and talk soon. Can't wait to hear how you love the new house when it is done. :)

RocketPuppy97

Adult Cat
Purraise
So I just wanted to pop in to give you a short update!
We estimate to move into the house around Christmas time! And hopefully we'll be able to cat proof the balcony for the move, so the cats can go out there!
Cosmo was very upset the first few weeks, because we weren't home much. He would pee in the bathtub and infront of the bathtub everyday. And when we were home in the late evening he would walk around and meow constantly.
Now something seems to have changed. He didn't pee in the bathtub for like 4 or 5 days? And he's really cuddly and lays nxet to me when I'm home, which is something he does really rarely.
I don't know what's different. Hope it stays this way!

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So I just wanted to pop in to give you a short update!
We estimate to move into the house around Christmas time! And hopefully we'll be able to cat proof the balcony for the move, so the cats can go out there!
Cosmo was very upset the first few weeks, because we weren't home much. He would pee in the bathtub and infront of the bathtub everyday. And when we were home in the late evening he would walk around and meow constantly.
Now something seems to have changed. He didn't pee in the bathtub for like 4 or 5 days? And he's really cuddly and lays nxet to me when I'm home, which is something he does really rarely.
I don't know what's different. Hope it stays this way!
Oh, exciting!!! What a Christmas gift that will be!!! That would be a great catio.

Oh, poor Cosmo. THAT will do it. Cats do not like change. :/

Oh wow. Any idea what the change might be? Something must have de-stressed him. Nice he is cuddly. Let us know how he is doing. Are you feeling any different at all? Cats pick up on emotions sometimes we don't even know about.

A cuddly happy cat is wonderful. I hope it stays that way as well!!!

Keep us up on how he is doing. Can't wait to hear how much you love the new house!!

RocketPuppy97

Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes! That would indeed be a great Christmas gift!

I don't have any idea why it changed. I mean I'm happy that he's happy :)
I myself am struggling mentally at the moment, seasonal depression has always been a struggle for me and now working full time and after work, continuing to work in our house is taking quite a toll on me.
Cosmo cuddling me is the best thing for me right now!

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes! That would indeed be a great Christmas gift!

I don't have any idea why it changed. I mean I'm happy that he's happy :)
I myself am struggling mentally at the moment, seasonal depression has always been a struggle for me and now working full time and after work, continuing to work in our house is taking quite a toll on me.
Cosmo cuddling me is the best thing for me right now!
"Yes! That would indeed be a great Christmas gift!" - Yes!!! Lucky you!!! Exciting. :)

"I don't have any idea why it changed. I mean I'm happy that he's happy :) " - Totally agree

"I myself am struggling mentally at the moment, seasonal depression has always been a struggle for me and now working full time and after work, continuing to work in our house is taking quite a toll on me." - I am so sorry. It is a lot and combined with the seasonal depression it does take its toll. A lot of people really struggle with shorter, darker days. :( Hopefully the home being done soon will help and the cats. Love does a lot of great things for the body and the mind. Hang in there and always feel free to reach out.

Did you start feeling more down in the past few weeks? Cats are amazing, they can sense so much. And Cosmo seems incredibly sensitive. I know the love I have for my cats (indoor and my ferals) warm my heart and make my days a lot better.

"Cosmo cuddling me is the best thing for me right now! " - Agreed!! Hang in there. The new home is coming soon and spring is a few months away. :) And the cats will help and if we can do anything of course we will try our best. :)

RocketPuppy97

Adult Cat
Purraise
So it finally happened today! We moved houses! We are so tired but we are finally free off our terrible neighbours!
The cats are exploring the house still a bit apprehensive and Cosmo is meowing a lot, but the are mostly curious

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So it finally happened today! We moved houses! We are so tired but we are finally free off our terrible neighbours!
The cats are exploring the house still a bit apprehensive and Cosmo is meowing a lot, but the are mostly curious
CONGRATULATIONS!!! EXCITING!!!!

Yes, make sure you put out all the stuff with their scent on it. Cats are territorial so they need to feel ownership. Scent on their things will help.

Yes, cats don't like change but try to play with them, give them food, love, etc. I am sure they will LOVE the new house!!!

Let us know. :)

RocketPuppy97

Adult Cat
Purraise
The cats are finally settling down. Monty chases from one window to the next just to watch all the birds. Cosmo wants to get into the basement, where he is not allowed to go, and scratches at the door so what's new 😂
They don't chase each other to the point of someone hissing or growling anymore.
And the sleep together, like a lot more.
Here have some pics
IMG_20220101_131857.jpg

IMG-20220101-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20220101-WA0004.jpg

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats are finally settling down. Monty chases from one window to the next just to watch all the birds. Cosmo wants to get into the basement, where he is not allowed to go, and scratches at the door so what's new 😂
They don't chase each other to the point of someone hissing or growling anymore.
And the sleep together, like a lot more.
Here have some pics
View attachment 406226
View attachment 406227
View attachment 406228
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! Are they just the most ADORABLE?!?!?!?!?!?! The love each other and love the new house!!!! How great is that?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

:) YOU MADE MY DAY!!!!! THANK YOU!!!