Cat insurance

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm thinking about getting pet insurance for my Tiger(cat). What are some good companies you have use or familiar with Trupanion etc? Pros/cons if any or what

moxiewild

Seniors, Special Needs, Ferals, and Wildlife
Super Cat
Purraise
We use Healthy Paws.

I did extensive research 2-3 years ago, and at the time at least, they seemed to be the best option and had the most favorable reviews.

We’ve never had any issues with reimbursement or anything so far.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Youcantseemegrrr

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I was thinking about healthy paws. I heard Trupanion can take a while to reimburse. Im not sure yet got some chewing to do.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I have ASPCA for three cats and have been happy with them. They have paid to the extent of the policy in all cases with no argument. However, I did not do any research.....I was faced with an astronomical vet bill for my uninsured and uninsurable GSD so panicked about the younger cats (did not insure any older cats) and took out the plan.

A close friend in PA just purchased a lab puppy from champion lines (Crufts and Westminster) and the breeder told her to take Trupanion. A few members here are quite familiar with that company if the come around.

With any insurance, chose carefully. They way that many of them work is that if you alter the policy later in your favor it creates a whole new policy which excludes anything that happened before the new policy date.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm researching insc for Gypsy.So far I've looked at Pumpkin and PetPlan. PetPlan has a discount thru AARP. I'll check out ASPCA & Trupanion.
I was thinking about healthy paws. I heard Trupanion can take a while to reimburse. Im not sure yet got some chewing to do.
Have you chosen one yet?

35 year catdad

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For low income seniors many local Humane Societies offer a lot of help. Even two weeks care in the shelter in an emergency.
I had my Calico spayed there and they offered a pay what you can plan. Also included a microchip.
I called to get pricing for a 17 yr old I think thru AARP link but they would not do it. Any ins. company would soon go broke covering old cats.
I would imagine if we started at a young age we would not get dropped later as a senior cat?

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
I called my vet to see if they have an inhouse plan, reccomend any, most common clients use etc..
Waiting on tech call back.