Cat In Heat?

yasmincittaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I just got home from school, and my brother tells me that my little one who is seven months old has been crying all day. A little bit later I see that shes rubbing her back on our carpet. At first I thought maybe it was because she had fleas so I checked her fur and nothing and now I read that she might be in heat? She doesn't seem to be doing strange things other than the rubbing and crying? Do you think she's in heat? my older kitty never did this. I also have her spay scheduled for next week.

carebearbaby1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is most likely in heat. Keep her inside and away from any unneutered male until after her surgery next week.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
At 7 months old, it's very possible that she's in heat. You may want to call your vet about this, as many vets don't like to spay close to/during heat, or may charge more to perform the surgery if they will go ahead (it's a harder operation, with a higher risk of bleeding thanks to blood vessels in that area being engorged).

If you're unsure, you may want to take her in for a pre-spay check-up, to confirm if she's in heat and decide whether or not to postpone the surgery a little.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yasmincittaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
At 7 months old, it's very possible that she's in heat. You may want to call your vet about this, as many vets don't like to spay close to/during heat, or may charge more to perform the surgery if they will go ahead (it's a harder operation, with a higher risk of bleeding thanks to blood vessels in that area being engorged).

If you're unsure, you may want to take her in for a pre-spay check-up, to confirm if she's in heat and decide whether or not to postpone the surgery a little.

She isn't the most vocal but every affectionate cat normally. so last night when she yelled I believed that yeah maybe she is in heat. But she only did this cry twice. Both times she cried in front of my room and as soon as I picked her up and placed her on the bed stopped. I petted her until she fell asleep and everything was okay. She hasn't shown any signs this morning, no crying or rubbing, she;s been playing with her sister like normal so I'm a bit confused as to what's going on. I think I might just have to take her to the vet for a pre-spay check up

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yasmincittaa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She has stopped rubbing herself on the floor but cries. Her cries aren’t the cries I’ve heard from cats in heat, it mostly lonely cries. I’m planing on taking her in to the vet to make sure