Cat In A Bag?

Suru

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have experience with carrying their cat around in a bag? I bought this because I want to be able to walk around with my cat, but I’m a little anxious about how he will take being in there for an extended period of time...

I’ve taken him out to pet-shops and tractor supply on a leash, but I really want to be able to use both hand when shopping. And when I have a cat that wants to go off exploring on his own, trying to shop like normal is anything but easy. I take him out because I want him to get used to trips outside the house, and hopefully this will make any kind of traveling with him easier. It helps that he loves car rides.

He seems okay being stuffed in there for about 5 minutes, but I’m not sure how much longer the will tolerate it.

Are there any other types pf bags you guys can recommend? Thanks!

Attachments

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe a pet stroller would be easier and comfier than a bag?

What sort of stores do you take your cat to and how often? I guess I don't understand why people take their household pets (not service animals) out shopping with them :dunno:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Maybe a pet stroller would be easier and comfier than a bag?

What sort of stores do you take your cat to and how often? I guess I don't understand why people take their household pets (not service animals) out shopping with them :dunno:
I agree that a stroller would probably be better

I don't understand bringing pets shopping either but to each his own. My cats would hate every second of it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Suru

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I like the idea of a stroller, but that would be pretty much the same as a leash, in the sense that I have to keep a hand on it more or less to bring it with me when I shop around. Hence the bag, because it’s hands free.

I mostly bring him to petco, petsmart and tractor supply.

I bring my cat around because he’s easily bored, loves people , car rides, and new places. I don’t spend as much supervised time with him in the garden as I wish I could (2-3hours) so i want to keep him stimulated whenever I get an opportunity. I thought about getting two cats, but I’m not at a point where I’m financially comfortable keeping two, especially if any one of them has medical issues and such.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess I don't understand why people take their household pets (not service animals) out shopping with them
I know several cat show people who make this part of their standard socialization routine (once the kittens have their vaccinations). They will take kittens or young cats to Petco, Petsmart, or other stores that allow pets, put them on harnesses and roll them around the store in the shopping carts... it's good practice for traveling in the car, hanging out in a noisy environment, and meeting strange people and animals. Even for cats that don't go to shows, it's good for them to get socialization practice outside the house as kittens or young cats, so that they are happier and calmer as adults when they travel or go to the vet.