Cat Hygiene

wh1msical

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Awhile ago I adopted 3 cats from the same litter. All of them are fixed and healthy bundles of chaos. They're currently only 12 weeks old and we got them when they were 4 weeks old. Recently I have noticed that the male cat has very big and noticeable (white fur) urine stains on the bottom half of his fur. We have washed and wiped him down a couple of times and he has groomed himself quite frequently. The two other cats do not have this problem. We're wondering if this is normal or if there's something we can do. Searching on the internet hasn't really led to any answers.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
Is he using the litterbox? Does he squat or is he not sure about how to do things?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wh1msical

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
Is he using the litterbox? Does he squat or is he not sure about how to do things?
Yep, he's using a litter box and squats to go to the bathroom. We also change the litter quite frequently.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Is he squatting too far? Is his tummy hair dragging in the wet litter? Or, is he leaking and that's what's staining his fur? I dunno, this might be something for a vet, I'm not sure.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wh1msical

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Maybe his fur is touching the litter. Not sure, but yeah, probably will go talk to my vet about it now that you mention it.