Cat horrible condition Help

addeline

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello,

This is Itsy she wondered up to my sisters appartment in town, She is absolutely super sweet and extremely talkative if you move fast or walk into a room she gets a bit scared we assume she was abused or just neglect

Super skinny her Backbone sticks up and you can easily feel it, its scary when i pet her, Her legs are tiny clearly not healthy at all.. The vet says she is to skinny to get her spayed right now

Thankfully she can have pets at her appartment so she is indoor only now, she won't stop eating for days now she finally has food left in her dish and isn't ravenous, if course she needs to be spayed...

Any advice tips? i am so worried about her health, any advice on age? her teeth are in perfect condition very clean and white.. Yes she is going to the vet immediatelyView attachment 304060
IMG_20191013_112946.jpg
IMG_20191013_112943.jpg
20191018_134656.jpg
IMG_20191013_112949.jpg

Last edited:

SirenSong

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good for you/your sister for taking her in. I don't know much about reconditioning cats except that, in the cases of starved animals, it's important to reintroduce food slowly so that weight isn't gained too rapidly. Rapid weight changes (up or down) are generally a bad thing (I think ...). Just monitor the kitties condition and keep bringing on the love!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Small meals, several times a day...4-5. DO NOT free feed at this point...she may well over-eat to the point of throwing up. Plenty of fresh water, and set the water dish at a distance from the food dish, they'll drink more that way (instinct tells them that food near water leads to contaminated water...they don't get that dishes keep this from happening). Do get to the vet. She probably has a belly full of worms that are taking much-needed nutrition from her. And tell your sister THANK YOU from all of us.

OH, and be sure to keep us posted on how she is doing! We'll be wondering and worrying about her!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello,

This is Itsy she wondered up to my sisters appartment in town, She is absolutely super sweet and extremely talkative if you move fast or walk into a room she gets a bit scared we assume she was abused or just neglect

Super skinny her Backbone sticks up and you can easily feel it, its scary when i pet her, Her legs are tiny clearly not healthy at all.. The vet says she is to skinny to get her spayed right now

Thankfully she can have pets at her appartment so she is indoor only now, she won't stop eating for days now she finally has food left in her dish and isn't ravenous, if course she needs to be spayed...

Any advice tips? i am so worried about her health, any advice on age? her teeth are in perfect condition very clean and white.. Yes she is going to the vet immediatelyView attachment 304060View attachment 304057View attachment 304058View attachment 304064View attachment 304065
Good clean teeth are definitely a plus! She's beautiful. Mixing the wet food with water is a great idea, as K kittenmittens84 suggested. Kitten food is a good way to give her extra calorically dense nutrition. And indoors only always is the responsible and caring way for her to live!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If she's not already eating kitten food, I would start feeding her kitten food and adding in some kitten milk replacement to it for extra nutrients. You might ask the vet for some cans of Hill's Science Diet a/d. That stuff has tons of really good nutrients in it for malnourished kitties.

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello,

Any advice tips? i am so worried about her health, any advice on age? her teeth are in perfect condition very clean and white.. Yes she is going to the vet immediatelyView attachment 304060View attachment 304057View attachment 304058View attachment 304064View attachment 304065
Pretty kitty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

addeline

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So Now a few weeks after her rescue she is a healthy weight, No microchip and We discovered She is Completely declawed Front and Back Also she is a older cat. She is absolutely the sweetest most lovable cat i have seen loves attention
IMG_20191108_222518.jpg
IMG_20191108_222510.jpg
IMG_20191108_222507.jpg

Last edited:

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise