Cat health

Rubiasencio

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My kitty is 9 months has been having this for a while . I took her to the vet and told me to get a special shampoo for like wounds I’m not sure I kind of forgot . But she is not in pain . She’s very playful. I would like to know what this is , she’s been having it for a while . 2E879C2A-55E2-4382-A49E-CABBED8A4840.jpeg

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. So, your vet took a look at this and called it a wound? What else did your vet have to say about it? Are there any other spots on her like it? Does she go outside? Where exactly is this spot on her body?

Probably more information would go a long way in helping members on this site to guess what might be going on. Let us know!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rubiasencio

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yes she has one in her leg , he said he can give her a shot but it was $150 but I do not have the money for it so he suggested a shampoo.
Hi. So, your vet took a look at this and called it a wound? What else did your vet have to say about it? Are there any other spots on her like it? Does she go outside? Where exactly is this spot on her body?

Probably more information would go a long way in helping members on this site to guess what might be going on. Let us know!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
So, she has two different spots? Do you know if the $150 shot was for an antibiotic, as if she were to have an infection? You didn't say whether she goes outside or not, but if the vet thinks it is a wound of some sort, I am guessing she does. If so, don't let her go out anymore right now. You can try treating the wound(s) with chamomile tea. Standard grocery store tea bags, which are generally all German (you don't want English or any additives/flavorings). Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid and apply it to the area(s) with a clean soft cloth, multiple times a day. The tea has both anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, and is also a soothing and healing agent. It is also safe for her to ingest. However, if there is an infection involved, it will probably not resolve that.

You should call the vet back and ask about the shampoo and what they intended for it to do.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you cannot remember the name of the shampoo he suggested, then you should call them back and ask them to look at their notes and get the name of it so you can get the shampoo. While you're at it, ask them what they diagnosed the issue as. Then maybe we can help you further, although taking your Vet's advise is the best course of action.

Does she scratch at these, or really is there only one and it's on her leg. We still need a lot more information

Rubiasencio

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
oh sorry , no she is a indoor cat . Omg yes he said antibiotic . She has one on her lower back (the picture) and her leg. They look exactly the same . Thank you for the advice
So, she has two different spots? Do you know if the $150 shot was for an antibiotic, as if she were to have an infection? You didn't say whether she goes outside or not, but if the vet thinks it is a wound of some sort, I am guessing she does. If so, don't let her go out anymore right now. You can try treating the wound(s) with chamomile tea. Standard grocery store tea bags, which are generally all German (you don't want English or any additives/flavorings). Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid and apply it to the area(s) with a clean soft cloth, multiple times a day. The tea has both anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, and is also a soothing and healing agent. It is also safe for her to ingest. However, if there is an infection involved, it will probably not resolve that.

You should call the vet back and ask about the shampoo and what they intended for it to do.

Rubiasencio

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you cannot remember the name of the shampoo he suggested, then you should call them back and ask them to look at their notes and get the name of it so you can get the shampoo. While you're at it, ask them what they diagnosed the issue as. Then maybe we can help you further, although taking your Vet's advise is the best course of action.

Does she scratch at these, or really is there only one and it's on her leg. We still need a lot more information
No I got the shampoo but it did not work . He said it was antibiotic shampoo and that is was I go . Both on her lower back and leg look the same those are the only two places she has it . . She’s been having it for a while . now it’s more noticeable. He said if the shampoo doesn’t work to go back for the shot but I do not have the money for that . So I’ve been looking for advice .

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Are either spot seeping, as in pus? From the pics, it doesn't seem to be so. Where are you located?

If nothing else, ask your vet why do you have to do a $150 antibiotic shot. There are pill and liquid forms of antibiotics that should be a lot less than the shot.

Do you have a family member/friend/neighbor/co-worker who could recommend another vet for you to see? I am not sure you are getting clear information from your vet about what is actually going on. If you can't call them back and get a better understanding of what they think the issue is, you may need to find a totally different vet.

Rubiasencio

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are either spot seeping, as in pus? From the pics, it doesn't seem to be so. Where are you located?

If nothing else, ask your vet why do you have to do a $150 antibiotic shot. There are pill and liquid forms of antibiotics that should be a lot less than the shot.

Do you have a family member/friend/neighbor/co-worker who could recommend another vet for you to see? I am not sure you are getting clear information from your vet about what is actually going on. If you can't call them back and get a better understanding of what they think the issue is, you may need to find a totally different vet.
No there is no pus. I’m located in Los Angeles California. And yes my family recommended some . And I’ve been calling some . Thank you for the advice.

tnl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You might want to try Vetericyn Plus Feline Antimicrobial Hydrogel. One of my cats had a small wound on his chin. I put a little of the gel on a cotton ball, dabbed it on the wound and it cleared up in two days. Amazon sells it and some pet stores as well.