Cat Health Pancreas Problems

buffy2011

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Had this posted where you start a new conversation and added it to this sight. I wasn't getting any feed back so I thought I had it posted in the wrong place. I also updated the information as of today. I need anyone's help on this issue. My cat was at the vets a year ago and was diagnosed just by blood work of having pancreatic problems. We were treating her with prednisolone and cerenia. She was doing well until she got into some dry food which seems to set her off. So got that all straightened out for the most part. Took her to a new vet because she had been seen at an emergency vet last year and I was told they can only help me with medication for a year and I would have to find a vet unless this was an emergency. So did that and took her the other day. This vet said the prednisolone was a steroid and she shouldn't be on it for long and the cerenia says right on the package that you should not take after 5 days, because they don't know what it can do. So as of that day stop the cerenia and every other day until the end of this week give her the prednisolone. Then I am suppose to feed her a food the vet gave me. Well that was on Monday. Today is Wednesday and she was vomiting. Could be the food she ate. Was this a crazy thing to stop this medication? The vet at the emergency clinic said that the medications have virtually no side effects, so she can be on them for life. This new vet wants to take her off all medications, and us foods with vitamins and minerals. Am I asking for trouble? I need some information on this issue. Thanks to anyone that can help me. Today is Thursday and she seems to be doing good today.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi B buffy2011 and welcome to the site!
We've moved you over to our Cat Health forum.
At TCS a 'conversation' is a private message, so your previous post won't have appeared on the forum. Here's our 'site help' information to help in the future: Site Help | TheCatSite

I'm glad your girl is doing well today. Furballsmom's links may be of use and others with experience will hopefully see your post soon. :)