Cat health help

Catmom@4

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all so I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone can help me. My cat has a wound on his nose from 5 days ago and I've been using this Antibacterial feline spray to help it heal but it looks like it's just getting worse. I'm really worried cause now his behavior is off now too and any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all so I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone can help me. My cat has a wound on his nose from 5 days ago and I've been using this Antibacterial feline spray to help it heal but it looks like it's just getting worse. I'm really worried cause now his behavior is off now too and any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Hi C Catmom@4 ...it really looks like you need to take him in to see your Vet. ASAP.

Since you mentioned that it's affecting his behaviour, he's in pain, or it might affect the way he Smells things, so his eating could be affected, too, which would be bad.

The Vet would give him antibiotics and a possible flush, plus send you home with either a steroid cream, or iodine scrub/drops,...if the Vet determines that it's from an abscess or infection has set in.
This will help him to heal faster and scab over faster, too.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Considering he seems to be getting worse, he really does need to have a vet take a look at - with possible treatments as mentioned above. You could send a pic to the vet and ask their opinion, but the odds are they will want you to take your cat in for a closer look.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
I know you didn't ask for this info, but in case others read this thread, it might help...for those in the States or UK:
(not sure if some links are broken, but it might be a start, plus phoning pet rescues and shelters, may lead some contacts to other Vet clinics,...which may help.)
Financial Aid for Pets
No Money For Vet Care? How To Find Help And Save Your Cat’s Life – TheCatSite Articles
https://www.k9ofmine.com/organization-that-help-pay-vet-bills

(It took 3 days for my male cat to show improvement from a cheek abscess, with what the vet gave me, antibiotics and iodine drops/liquid, but I think it was actually a week or two, to fully heal.)

I hope your cat gets better soon.:goodluck: