Cat Haz Sneeze

Arirang

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat, Autumn, has sneezed a few times this evening... Something to worry about? She's not sneezed often before. Usually isolated incidents. The few times tonight were about half an hour to an hour apart. One sneeze each.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I would recommend calling the vet in the morning to see what they think. It could be that she just got a bit of dust in her nose while sniffing around, but it’s always best to check with a vet, just to be sure. Does she have any other symptoms like watery eyes?

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
Does Autumn have any other symptoms of illness? She could have a kitty cold or it might be something completely different. Sneezing that often signals a problem, but only a vet can figure out what is happening. If she is still sneezing tomorrow call the vet to schedule the first appointment time available.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you sneeze occasionally when something tickles your nose? Animals do too. I wouldn't worry unless it is a continuous daily thing, increases frequency, or there is discharge and other symptoms of a cold. I wouldn't bother ringing the vet for 2 single sneezes. Plus the likelihood of you talking directly to a vet is slim, and the receptionist aren't usually allowed to tell you "your cat is fine" for liability, they will likely to tell you to make an appointment.

cat1967

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well sometimes they might sneeze for a day with no apparent problem. My cats do that sometimes, and my dog (Yorkie) more often as he sniffs around the house all day and I am sure he gets so much cat fur from it. But cats are different. Don't panic just give it a day or two unless you see discharge which could mean a cold or something. If that happens then by all means talk to a vet and he will give you advice on how to handle it. I remember I had a stray who sneezed and had discharge, I took him to the vet and gave him an injection for 15 days. After a month same thing, so we gave him (the vet I mean) another shot like that or more, but unfortunately we then lost him. I think I saw him after two years at a neighbor's yard.