Cat Having Strange Episodes

ReBri

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,

I have a 7 month old female Birman kitten. She’s had 3 episodes now since I’ve had her where she’ll be completely fine then all of a sudden it’s like she has an ataxic episode. Her paws will curl up, like when you get a cramp in your foot and your toes curl, and she can’t stand up. She just kind of falls over and lies down, but she’s completely alert. After a few minutes it starts to go away and she’ll be a little wobbly when she stands but she can walk. Within 5 minutes she’s back up and playing like nothing ever happened. I’m hesitant to take her to the vet because her blood tests when she was spayed showed she gets stressed easily and taking her to the vet will make her more stressed, but it’s not normal for her to have these episodes. I don’t know if it’s possible that she gets so overwhelmed it’s like her body can’t handle it? I have no idea. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A trip to the vet would be best. Maybe you can find a vet who will do house calls? That would be less stressful for the cat.

Try to take a video of these episodes to show the vet.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LTS3 LTS3 beat me to it. You'll need a vet to diagnose her properly, and soon is best. You don't want to wait around and find out that she has something progressive. And yes, get that video of an episode. It will be invaluable to your vet, since odds are that she won't have one while she is there.