Cat having digestive troubles...from depression/anxiety?

Lori_Ty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We have had two cats for a few years, but recently my daughter brought ‘her’ cat home to live with her in her own place. Now the lone cat has been exhibiting some strange behaviours such as sleeping most of the days away....excessive crying/talking....she has cut herself way back on the amount of food she consumes...and now in the past few days (4-6 days at most) she has been experiencing VERY smelly poops and liquified poops.
Are these behaviours most likely to be caused by anxiety and/or depression since losing her sidekick? It has been a couple of weeks since the other cat left the home. I had thought this would have blown over by now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lori_Ty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No. I actually just got back from being out of town....my mom and son were here and that’s when the issues with the bathroom started.
One poop and they had to completely clean the litter box right away! After discussing it some more, we remembered that I had introduced a different food around the same time as our other cat left the home. So we bought some of the original food and she is eating like normal right now.
I will see how she is in the morning.
Apparently there was some vomiting of bias well, while I was gone.
I really do think it’s mostly due to being upset, maybe confused (where did my sister go???) and anxiety.
mill see how it goes tonight with the old normal food now.

Lori_Ty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also...we tend to go with natural remedies whenever possible. So we have spritzed her common sleeping areas with some light sprays of lavender water to help calm her. :)

Lori_Ty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oops I notice the typos.
I meant *bile rather than bias
And *I will see rather than mill see
😊

Lori_Ty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sending all sorts of good wishes that things return to normal!
Thank you. I’m sure it will I just wanted to try and find out if this is a normal reaction to being suddenly alone.
If it doesn’t get better I will take her in of course :)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Something else I'm thinking of, you might try some cat music - it's surprisingly effective in helping to ease stress. There's Cat In My Arms on Spotify and elsewhere, and there's also RelaxMyCat and MusicForCats :)