Cat has this scab, bleeding spot on foot

jend728

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Just noticed my cat has this scab or wound on his foot. I have no idea how that happened and we inspected it to make sure there was no sharp material in there.
Cat is 10 months indoor cat. He’s been acting fine no limping or anything. He eats normally. How could this have happened? Is this a normal thing? My vet is closed so I’m not sure if i need to book an appointment or just monitor him
I applied a warm compress and cleaned the area

Attachments

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks more like an ulcer. Has that black spot always been there too? Is it coloring or a blood blister? That kind of injury may take a while to heal, an antibiotic salve could be applied, just make sure it doesn't have a pain killer in it like many of the new ones do, that is toxic. I would get a wound spray for cats at a local farm supply store like Tractor Supply or online and apply it two to three times a day. It wouldn't hurt to have a vet look at it, especially if it gets worse instead of better. Make sure you apply any sprays with a cotton ball, the spraying sound scares cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jend728

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The black spot is a birthmark he’s had since birth!
the issue i’m referring to is that reddish small thing under the foot pad. I will look into wound sprays to purchase! thank you-

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jend728

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
any idea how that happens? is it considered an infection? i have to wait till the morning to visit the vet.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Both are considered an infection. Caused by some kind of puncture, wound, then bacteria gets into it. A solution of 1/2 peroxide. 1/2 bottled water could be applied one time to clean it, then keep antibiotic salve or wound spray on it. Unless the cat is acting different, like not eating and hiding, or has a fever, it is most likely just local and not in the whole body. A vet would do all this for you.