Cat has swollen lower lip (pictures included)

TataFn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat had the exact same issue. We worried about rodent ulcers/ food allergies. She was born from a feral momma and weaned too early. We found her sucking and nursing on anything soft or fleecy. As soon as I removed her plush toys and fleece blankets the issue went away. Turned out she was suckling too much on these soft items that would end up growing bacteria. Cheapest solution ever: remove all her soft fleecy things. No need to try different foods. I’m no vet but at least try this solution first and it might just fix the issue! I hope your little baby gets better soon!

Attachments

TataFn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sorry it accidentally attached extra photos from my camera roll

Hlee

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat used to get this every few months when he was young. It would clear up with steroid shots and finally contolled it mainly with diet . He eventually stopped getting it completely.

Nocucumber please

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My Bella got swollen bottom lip this morning and finding this thread makes me so much relieved. I booked a vet in advance just in case if it gets worst but Bella’s been eating can food from plastic bowl so I am throwing that plastics now. I have a good feeling that she will get better and have a back up (vet check) next week so I hope everything goes well. Thank you for this thread! Helped me mentally to calm down my anxiety :)
8ECDCD50-8B3B-4264-B8A6-3CC0C4D578D9.jpeg