Cat Has Scabs Again

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
my cat gets scabs on neck and head about 3 times per year. I take her to vet where she gets a shot and it clears up for a few months. This time she had one on her belly too. She eats grain free canned only, fragrance free litter, and gets Revolution all year long. Do you think it could be a food allergy?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
It could be a food allergy, you could try introducing a different brand to test the theory. I'm also wondering about the Revolution.
Has your vet commented about what s/he thinks?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd first try a different flea control, with your vet's approval, then experiment with novel proteins, in case this is a food allergy. My question is...why only three times a year? Airborn allergens, or some sort of contact allergen, maybe? Is there a particular time of year that this shows up?

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds more like a flea allergy. Even on prevention, it just takes one bite for a break out. In which you are doing right by taking the cat in for a shot (steroid shot I assume?). Probably not a whole lot else you can do except try different flea meds from your vet.