Cat has pink eye help

amaliasabb1291

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
so friday night after my cat woke up from his nap i notices one of his eyes were red gunk was coming out and he squints. Im pretty sure its pink eye. I cannot go to the vet until Tuesday I just hope waiting 4 days doesn't cause permanent damage :( Will he be ok until this upcoming tuesday

molldee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Red gunk? Like blood? Does the cat have any other symptoms? I'd get him to the vet right away, it could be infected.

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It is hard to say, if he has something like an ulcer that is causing the irritation in the eye that can be quite serious.  If it is just an infection he *should* be okay until Tuesday, although if you can find a way to get him in Monday I would recommend that.

sillywabbit

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My cat had what looked like blood--red tears, almost? Coming out of one eye. And not even all the time, mostly just when he ate. No fever, no sniffly nose. Took him to the vet and turned out he had a hair lodged really far back in his eye. He had conjunctivitis. Vet put in a drop to check for scratches on his cornea but thankfully there were none. If I hadn't brought him , it likely would have ulcerated, possibly causing him loss of vision if not worse.

I was given both antibiotic ointment and drops as vet suspected infection possibly set in, but the drops were easier to apply and worked within days.

I'd post a pic of what his eye looked like but this site keeps fubarring any attempts, sorry. Can you post a pic of what your cats eye(s) look like?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amaliasabb1291

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
also i meant to say his eye is red with clear gunk coming out not red

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Looks like conjunctivitis, which can be painful.  Since it's now Monday, getting him to the vet tomorrow will work, but it would be better if you could get him there today.  In the meantime, you can apply a warm compress to his eye for a bit of relief.