Cat has been missing for a month

tundrababy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, sorry if this is a post every single day - but i don’t know what else to do.
Tundra went missing on 03-23, ( she is neutered, microchipped, was wearing tags, and is 3) and within 24hrs i contacted my vet, her microchip company, posted on craigslist, facebook, and Nextdoor. Nothing. i also used humane traps for 2 weeks, also nothing except some strays.

i was wondering if there is anything else i can do? i’m going to print out slips with her info and put them in my neighbors mailboxes (safely and cleanly of course)

i also noticed the house across the street from me has a new cat that looks like her, but i couldn’t get close enough to the window to see her. (there were curtains and the cat was in the window sill) should i confront them and ask about the cat?

she’s the black cat in the picture - it’s the very last photo i have of her. ignore the trash :(

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear that she's missing. She's a beautiful cat.

Does she usually go outside or is she an indoor only cat? If you think she might be the cat you saw in your neighbor's window I would go and knock on their door when you hand out fliers with her details on them. Do you have someone who could go with you while you're handing out the fliers?

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is it possible she IS at the neighbors and they have no idea she is your cat? If so, don't be confrontational. This could all be very innocent on their part. Hoping that is the case.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tundrababy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i hope that’s what it is. i’m going to go tomorrow and knock on the door, ended up busy today ☹

tundrababy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear that she's missing. She's a beautiful cat.

Does she usually go outside or is she an indoor only cat? If you think she might be the cat you saw in your neighbor's window I would go and knock on their door when you hand out fliers with her details on them. Do you have someone who could go with you while you're handing out the fliers?
i, the owner of the cat, wanted her as an indoor only cat, and we went about 7 months without her getting out and then my parents just continuously let her out despite me crying that one day she wouldn’t come home, and that day was last month. i had plans to move out a week after she went missing. to think that she would still be here if i has moved out sooner breaks my heart every day.

yeah i’m going to print out some fliers and hand them out tomorrow, i picked up some double sided tape and might leave some extra by the mail box and such. and yeah i can have my brother come with me.

thank u all for the help ❤ i’ll post updates soon, hopefully.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I hope you find her. One of my cats got out once and a lady in the next village fed her for over a month until she could get close enough to read my phone number off the collar tags. She was gone for six weeks altogether and it was in the middle of winter, so I'd almost given up on seeing her again. Miracles do happen, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and Tundra.

:crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:

JadeOreo

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am here to give you some hope My cat went missing in August of 2019 and I just got her back 2 days ago 10 long months of not knowing where she was or what happened with her. I posted on fb and reported a lost report at the animal rescue league and never heard anything. I sat outside alot hoping she would come walking up to me but it never happened but I never forgot about her. My fiance seen a cat that looked like her chasing a rabbit across the street and I went out to see if it was her and it was but at first she didn’t recognize me and ran from me so I went after her called her name and she finally knew It was me and she wanted me to carry her home. I hope your cat is found soon💜

tundrababy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am here to give you some hope My cat went missing in August of 2019 and I just got her back 2 days ago 10 long months of not knowing where she was or what happened with her. I posted on fb and reported a lost report at the animal rescue league and never heard anything. I sat outside alot hoping she would come walking up to me but it never happened but I never forgot about her. My fiance seen a cat that looked like her chasing a rabbit across the street and I went out to see if it was her and it was but at first she didn’t recognize me and ran from me so I went after her called her name and she finally knew It was me and she wanted me to carry her home. I hope your cat is found soon💜
thank u. unfortunately no sight of her :( still hoping she shows up at my back door, or i get a text soon. i miss her a lot.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Did you ever ask the neighbor?

Not too long ago, a cat showed up in my garage when the door was open. She had a collar on but no ID. A friend scanned her but we didn't find a chip. I moved her to a spare bedroom of mine while I put up flyers, posted her on PawBoost, FB, and Next Door Neighbor. 4 days later my next door neighbor asked me if I had seen a cat - it was her!!! The neighbor had taken her on from their adult child and was keeping her in their backyard. She managed to get out and that is when she found me. I would have never thought to ask them, as they are really more 'dog people'. They also never saw any of the flyers I had put out. And, as it turns out she is chipped.

So, my point is: your neighbor could have your cat, they could have even had her scanned but the chip did not show up. If you haven't asked - do so now!!!!