Cat Has Been Missing For 2 Weeks - Please Help

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

HollyBells

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the prayers. Hopefully someone did find her and just hasn't seen my old flyers. The rest are going up today

HollyBells

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Today will also be marking 20 days since her disappearance

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll put my prayers in with the others, I truly believe the NOT knowing is the worst.....I have had cast dosappear for a month and one day show back up, after all hope was gone. you might expand your search area a little, and notify neighboring town shelters. Sometimes they accidently hitch a ride. Cats are strong as smart. just keep looking and I have a feeling you will be rewarded!

HollyBells

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Di and bob, thank you for the prayers. I definitely will look into notifying the nearby towns, and expanding the area where I put up my flyers. I do hope that she does manage to find her way home, especially since I live in a basement level apartment. Her litterbox, blanket, and a tshirt of mine are still outside and I'm hoping she picks up their scent

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today will also be marking 20 days since her disappearance
:alright: :grouphug2: The not knowing is the worst!! :frustrated::sniffle: What was the weather earlier that day? If it was mild, someone might have left a door to a garage, cupboard or shed open but then closed it later. It is beyond aggravating how quickly they disappear.
I thought of another tale of survival: Rosey the cat who escaped somehow from England's terrible Grenfell Towers fire. Through comments in a Facebook article, I met Rosey's "mom" and we kept sharing prayers and lo! Rosey was found, her microchip scanned and Rosey reunited!
Grenfell Tower survivor is reunited with her cat Rosey | Daily Mail Online

HollyBells

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It was at night, so I'm not entirely sure. Putting up the rest of the flyers today, fingers crossed that I may get a potential lead!

Catlover579

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A cat in my area went missing for exactly 4 months and one day she turned up on owner's porch. Don't give up on your kitty! Good luck and I really hope you find her. Keep us posted!

HollyBells

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So good news: I got up the rest of the flyers today around the neighborhood, and will be furthuring them out once my roommate is off of work (I don't have a car unfortunately.) Bad news: coyotes. I was talking to some neighbors and found out there were coyotes about half a mile away. I'm starting to fear the worse now. Has anyone ever had a cat go missing in a coyote area but still return? Could really use some hope. Mine is going down the drain with the thought of her possibly getting killed.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes, many cats have returned home in coyote areas. Many of them. OH...do widen your search area. Cats can wander much further than you might think, as much as 2-3 miles.

HollyBells

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I have some great news! I got a potential sighting today, about 4 miles away by car. I got an email from someone who said they may have seen her as they got on the bus. We are going to go search tonight. Hopefully it's a match!

HollyBells

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, many cats have returned home in coyote areas. Many of them. OH...do widen your search area. Cats can wander much further than you might think, as much as 2-3 miles.
I definitely will widen it, especially with a possible sighting! And that's great that many cats have come home in coyote infested areas. That puts my mind at ease a bit.

HollyBells

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I hope she is too. I checked the potential sighting area and didn't see anything. It's right next to a large neighborhood, so we're going to put up more flyers around there. Fingers crossed that someone will find her

HollyBells

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also, have any of you ever had success with an animal communicator? I'm considering talking to one since my mind is running wild. She likes to hide under things, so I was questioning if maybe she got herself into a car engine. So I'm considering contacting an animal communicator so I can possibly get some answers. Also, how is everyones one furkids doing? My other cat, Holly, is pretty lonely without Juni, but is getting along okay. She often waits by the door though, and it seems like she's waiting for Juni

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have not, but SOMEONE here on TCS did...it's been over a year ago, and I just can't remember. Try using the site's search engine, you may be able to find it.

HollyBells

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I will! I've already received word back from an animal communicator I contacted yesterday, and I'm considering going through it. I just want to know she's still alive, and may have a chance at coming home. Oh, how I wish time travel existed so I could get her a gps collar.

HollyBells

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I definitely will, and I do hope she comes home. The strangest thing just happened to me too. I have the window open so my other kitty Holly can look outside, and I heard a meow. I knew it didn't come from her since she was laying on top of me and her meows are very short and sound more like squeaks. The meow sounded like Juni's. I shot up and looked out the window and didn't see anything. So I ran outside and still didn't see anything. I'm a bit sad but I don't think I imagined it. It sounded just like her

HollyBells

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hmm that is strange! Is there somewhere she could be hiding near by? Like under someone's deck or bush?
It's very possible. I just hope I didn't imagine it. I checked under the cars nearby and didn't see anything. I'll make sure to go out when it's a bit darker and more quiet. Hopefully I'll have better luck