Cat has become lethargic / depressed

Aqueoz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
About 3 weeks ago I noticed a change in my 2 year olds behaviour. He normally liked to follow me around the house, chase balls, play and run around. Now he rarely leaves his bed, only to eat and go to the toilet.

I took him to the vet and they took blood and gave him a check over saying that everything looked good. I've noticed one eyes is also starting to change color / get a brown ring around it. He also seems like he's wobbly when he walks, but I don't know if that's because he's been laying down so much.

7944FA68-6B74-4862-9437-B06E8EABB4AA.jpeg

I was hoping someone may have seen this behaviour shift beforeor know if something I can investigate further to help him?

thank you

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It usually means he is hurting or not feeling well. Any vaccines, change of food, milk products he may have got? As long as he is eating, drinking, using the litterbox, it may just be a matter of time. Cats get viruses just like we do that cannot be picked up. I would get some Delectable Lickables in stew in case he stops eating, they are in the treat section. I have gotten my cats through some really bad times with these. If he gets worse, get him back in for further testing. Many of my cats have recovered after an antibiotic and a steroid injection. you might request one or ask about them if it continues, though the white blood cell count would have been high with an infection. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers......

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Aqueoz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you very much for your reply, I guess I'll just have to keep monitoring him and go from there. Just feel a bit helpless but he is eating and drinking well. Hopefully it passes. Thanks again

will2002

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Had the same problem with a 10 year old male about three months ago. Vet gave him a steroid injection and a round of oral antibiotics. He was OK in about a week...He may very well have been OK without the Vet's care, but I couldn't take that chance with my old friend "Charley Cat".

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a little female stray that had all those symptoms too. In fact the vet said she might be dying. A shot of antibiotic and steroid and she was fine three days later.