Cat has a sore on his bottom lip

oreocat123

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello,
Yesterday i noticed a sore on my cat’s bottom lip, whenever i touch him near it he flinches away as if he is in pain, there is also a lot of black dots on his chin but i don’t know if they are related to what is happening in his lip.
He does seem a bit tired and whenever he tries to bite a toy or me -playfully- he seems uncomfortable, but responds the same whenever i play with him, he is also still eating and drinking his water and his litterbox is the same so it is not affecting his behavior towards food or anything, is it a matter of concern? Should i take him to the vet or something?
I attached a picture so ya’ll can see!
CFF49575-08CA-4E37-A9FD-AAA685E481D2.jpeg

I’m pulling his upper lip to show you,he doesn’t look like this lol,
Is it related to his teeth or something?
Thank you.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! Particularly because he's flinching away from being touched, seems to be more tired and doesn't want to bite, I believe this warrants a vet visit as soon as you can.

katmaz77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The black dots are most likely cat acne, which isn't serious from what I know but perhaps it led to a more irritated sore? Definitely have the vet confirm if he seems in pain!

Tagrendy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes, a vet should have a look, maybe it's tooth related, in which case sooner it's treated the better to avoid losing the tooth.

A.w

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd get him looked at if you feel stressed about it and he's flinching but I don't believe it's anything scary or overly concerning!