Cat has a small what spot on his bum

sparkymema

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
one of my cats is about 6-7 years old i think and he has a few white spots on his anus. the one is like right in the middle, and the other two i wasn't able to see until i cleaned his bum recently stimulating it. the reason why i got so close to it and had to clean it was he had diarrhea that has been going on for about three days now. It starts out normal looking but towards the end it becomes like cottage cheese, and i inspected his stool and i didnt see any worms or that. i'm just wondering what this might be? doing a little research seems to point towards tapeworms but that part confuses me since none of my cats have ever had flees or even ear mites, and they are all inside. just looking to get some advice because at the moment i'm leaning towards taking a stool sample in.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wet cat litter that got stuck back there? If the white pot doesn't budge when you wipe the cat's bottom, it may be a normal (to your cat) white pigmented skin spot.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sparkymema

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
He's a ginger kitty so I figured it would have been black or brown like his other freckles. I did kind of pick at it with a q-tip and it didn't budge so maybe it is just pigmentation. Still worried about the wet stools tho

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
When my cat had tapeworms - and it wasn't from fleas - it was pretty obvious. The thought was that she ate a mosquito that caused it. But your best bet is to take a sample of your cat's feces to the vet for analysis. You can collect it from the litter box, bag it. and store it in the fridge if you can't take it to the vet right away. Just call them and ask if they will accept a stool sample in this fashion.

However, in addition to checking for parasites, because of the loose stool, ask the about a fecal PCR which also checks for bacterial/fungal issues.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Along with taking in a stool sample,...if you can also take in some of the 'small dried out pieces'...of the tapeworm segments...that you are noticing, then your Vet for sure, would be able to identify the parasite,..and give you the proper dewormer, or a broad spectrum one.

Tapeworm segments...look like small whitish pieces of rice...or even ultra small little sesame seeds. When they are alive, you definitely notice the segments.
And yes, indoor cats can get parasites, too.

Have you changed his food at all, recently?

Takes some photos of his stool, as well, to show the vet..and you can post them here, too.
You'd still need to take in the sample..to the Vet...for a proper diagnosis...but would be interesting to see.